Chapter 31 Neither Man nor Wolf

"Hey Amy, look! Something's attacked that wolf!" Fyre appear and appointed at a grey wolf. "(Argh! That hurt!)" The wolf barked. The wolf's ears heard something and look at the sounds source and he sees someone attack foxes in front of him. Foxes run and attack them instead of attacking the wolf. "(Who's that?)" The wolf stays silent. Amy's rapier switched into gun and she shoots those foxes front of the wolf. Amy fires the gun, several foxes leap toward her and Xansel stabs them with his ghost spear. Foxes flee to the forest while some of them die lifeless. The wolf looked at Zeke's eyes as he approaches it. "You're lucky, wolfy. If we hadn't killed those foxes, you would have died," Zeke said. "It's more like dire wolf, Zeke. Strange...I thought that they have gone extinct," Amy wondered. "(Zeke? Zeke, it's me, Wolfe! You remember me?)" The wolf barked excitedly and jumps excitedly but Zeke didn't react to his gesture. "Whoa, whoa, calm down, wolfy. What's wrong with you?" Zeke asked. The wolf rolls his eyes, jumped, and put both of his paws to Zeke's shoulders. He licks Zeke's face and Zeke recognizes his moves. "Those moves, Wolfe?" Zeke responded. Wolfe barks and shifts back to his human form. "Zeke! Long time no see!" Wolfe said. "Wolfe, you haven't changed a bit," Zeke said. The two give each other a friendly hug. "Who is he?" Amy asked. "This is Will Wolferian and hence the name, he's a werewolf. He's a friend of mine, guys," Zeke said. "Everyone calls me Wolfe, you may also call my other name," Wolfe said. "Will? The werewolf?" Husky said and he shrugged. "Seems like we got a new company here," Amy said, put her hands on her side. Wolfe shift back to his wolf form and he runs. He stops and looks at them. "(Follow me. I will show you the way to the forest)" Wolfe barked. Wolfe runs into the forest. "Wolfe, wait!" Zeke said, running toward the wolf. "Will, wait for us!" Amy yelled. Everyone follows him. Wolfe keeps running and stopped in front of the forest. He shifts back to his human form and everyone arrives behind him. "Here we are. The cursed forest," Wolfe said. Everyone stand in fear as they see the forest appearance. "How scary...," Fyre said. "Seems we got no choice but to enter this forest," Amy said. Everyone enters the forest. Inside, they hear ghastly voices nearby. "What's that?" Len asked. "They are banshees, they are above us," Husky looked up. Banshees floats above them and Wildern ghosts run above them. "We need to keep going," Wolfe said. "Really, Will? You ever passed through this forest before?" Amy asked. Wolfe nods and he sneaks ahead of them. "Wait!" Cheyenne said. As they sneak, Zeke accidentally steps on a branch on the ground. A Wildern ghost heard it and they hide behind a flipped stone bench. "What are you doing? You are going to make those ghosts aware of our presence," Sieg whispered. "Sorry...," Zeke whispered. The wildern ghost hears their whisper and it runs toward them followed by several undead wolves and Crawlers. "Torso ghost Crawler! Run!" Amy exclaimed as they run away from them but they accidentally split apart from each others. She notices it when she had run far enough. "Dammit, they split us apart! I hate this forest, " Amy yelled. Fyre senses their fears. "Everyone is scared... I feel it. Hurry, we have to go find them," Fyre said. Amy searches the forest. Meanwhile, Len walks around with Xansel to find the others. "Xansel, where is everyone?" Len asked. "Don't ask me, it's our fault. We split apart from each others," Xansel said. An angel of death screeches and floats toward them as it lifted its scythe toward them. Len screamed as it flew toward them. Xansel throws his spear toward it and it vanishes away. "Lucky that this ghost spear weapon effective against spirits," Xansel said, draw the spear toward him using telepathy. "Come on, we have to find the way out and wait for the other. Amy probably search for the other and don't worry, she can take care of herself," Xansel said, pulling Len's hand and run toward the exit of the forest. Meanwhile Amy looks around and she hears a loud barking voice. "It must be Wolfe," Amy guessed. By the time she arrive, she sees Wolfe slammed by Ghastler ghost in his wolf form. Wolfe keeps whimpering and couldn't fight back.