Chapter 5 - High Patience

Last night, Kathrina just arrived in the Philippines. She was at the baggage counter when someone called her.

"Hi Kath, I heard today will be your arrival. Welcome back!" Jericho finally communicated her after that painful rejection he received.

"Thanks, Echo. How are you? I haven't heard from you for a while."

"Yeah. I just focused on my work. How about you? How was your new branch in Malaysia?"

"Thank God. It went smoothly and it's now operational!"

"That's great. Goodnight Kath and take care!" as he was holding the necklace he intends to give to her. He has that in possession again because when he threw it in Batu Caves, he searched for it after his head cooled down. He diligently hunted it and it gave him a relief that he did not lose the precious pendant.

"Good night Echo!" She grabs the luggage on the moving belt and turned off the phone call.

"You will wear this again Kath. I will make sure it will happen!" he said while getting his cold beer.

Kathrina then went to the arrival area bay as she waits to be picked up by their family car. Then suddenly someone called her from afar.

"Shobe! Here!" Sheryl calling her inside the car

"Atsi!" she excitedly waved her sister then their driver went out and helped her carry the baggage.

"You look bigger today shob," Sheryl told her sister while they were cruising very fast on the lonely highway.

"Really? I need to do diet and exercise this time. I did have much time to do it in KL because I'm so busy and I ate a lot because of stress!" Kath laughed about it.

"I know what we should be so that we could have a sister bonding. Let's do jogging so you can lose weight!" Sheryl happily thought about it.

"That's a good idea Ats! Let's do it tomorrow!" she was thrilled to have a bonding with her sister again which they did not do for a long time.

"By the way, is Dad already at home?"

"He is still in Iloilo shob because he visited our plant there.  He will be arriving tomorrow."

"Okay, maybe dad will be disappointed again with me Ats," a sad look painted her face.

"Oh, why? Is there something wrong with our KL plant?"

"It's not about that. Jericho asked his permission to pursue me so he followed me in Malaysia and expressed his intentions, but I declined him. Dad expects and would be happy if I accepted Echo's affection to me." She touched her head and closes her eyes thinking about what would be the reaction of her father.

"I think that dad will be devastated just like what happened to me shob."

"Did you mean about your suitor recently who was the son of the CEO of a big bank in the country?"

"Yes, shob. I don't like his attitude in the first place so I don't imagine I could get along with him for a lifetime. But still, Dad did not listen and instead scolded me because he has a big loan in that bank that he wishes to extend his terms of payment. Why in the world marriage becomes a business matter?", She sighed.

"That is a sad fate if we belong in this class and culture. What I wanted is a simple and peaceful life that is why my desire is to end up with a man that I really want to spend the rest of my life with.  That is what I pleaded to God every time I had my quiet time," Sheryl continued.