Chapter 6

“Oh, what about this? This is nice.” Simon said as he held up a couple of streamers.

Lane snatched it from his hands. “It’s a high school party not a fucking birthday party, Simon!”

Tabitha giggled as she walked through the isles. She’d agreed to go shopping after school with Lane but Simon had asked her if he could come along and Tabitha didn’t have the heart to tell him no. Besides, why shouldn’t he be able to come? They were just looking around anyways. Although she could see the annoyance on Lane’s face with Simon being there.

“We need fucking booze.” Lane muttered, following her while Simon wandered off to look at more of the birthday decorations.

“And how the hell are we suppose to get that? I thought you were just providing the drugs.”

Lane stood in front of her, stopping her from walking any further. “I got an idea.” He whispered. “You pretend to have a seizure and the clerk will come over to check on you, then me and Simon will run out with the booze!”

Tabitha gawked at him. “No! Why don’t you pretend to have the seizure?”

He sighed. “Because I’m taller then you, when I fall it’ll be a harder hit! Come on.”

She thought about it for a moment. Well, what did she have to lose? She was going to be dying soon anyways. At least she could say she faked a seizure before in her life. Tabitha simply stared at Lane before rolling her eyes into the back of her head and dropping to the floor. She did her best to make her body convulse. Tabitha was proud of how well she believed she was doing.

She could see Lane grinning before screaming, “Holy shit! Someone help! She’s having a fucking seizure!”

Simon hurried over at the same time as the store’s clerk. “What?” Simon screamed. “Is she alright?”

She could see Lane pulling him away while Tabitha continued to shake. The store clerk was a short man with a beard who was trying to hold her head still and was yelling at someone to call an ambulance. Tabitha became more dramatic with her shaking, causing the man to scream louder that he didn’t want anyone to die in his store.

While the man turned his head to yell at a woman in the back, Tabitha lifted her head to peak over and see Lane and Simon gathering up on the alcohol. Lane winked at her and gestured for her to come while they ran out of the store. Tabitha stopped shaking and the clerk stared at her, confused.

“I’m feeling better now. Thanks!” She said before jumping up and running out of the store with the other two.

The boys were running ahead of her, their arms filled with bottles and beer. The clerk ran outside to see them.

“I’m calling the cops!” He screamed.

Tabitha began to laugh as they all ran faster down the street. She felt like her stomach was going to explode with laughter. She couldn’t remember the last time she had laughed like this. She dragged the boys into an empty alley when they’d gotten far enough so that they could rest for a moment. She was surprised to see the two of them laughing as well.

Simon had both fear and excitement in his eyes. “D-Do you think the cops are going to find us?”

“Who gives a fuck?” Lane said breathlessly as he leaned against the wall and popped open one of the beers. “Have a drink, Simon, you deserve it. I didn’t think you had it in you!”

Tabitha punched Lane in the arm. “What about me? I’m the one who faked the seizure and did a damn good job at it!”

He smiled and stared into her eyes. “Well you’re a completely different story.” He tilted his head back and chugged the rest of the beer before throwing it to the side. “I think I want to marry you.”