Chapter 7

Entering Suicide Chat Room

Waiting4time has entered

Trouble101: We’re about to get wasted tomorrow!! I can’t fucking wait.

Thatguy93: I’m actually excited about this. But no sex at my house!

Trouble101: Well you’re no fun.

Waiting4time: I’m not going.

BeautyQueen: Why not? We’re all suppose to be there.

Trouble101: Yeah! What the fuck? I thought you were getting cool on me!

Xlonelygirlx: Come on Waiting4time, you have to come.

Waiting4time: I can’t, okay.

Trouble101: Did your mommy and daddy say no?

Waiting4time: Fuck you!

Trouble101: Calm down, I’m only kidding! Jeez.

Xlonelygirlx: Will you stop being such an asshole, Lane?

Thatguy93: Hey Simon I’ll pick you up. You HAVE to come.

Waiting4time: I don’t think that’s such a good idea…

Thatguy93: I’ll make sure everything ends up alright. Trust me.

Waiting4time: Okay. I’ll trust you.

BeautyQueen: Great! So everything worked out. I can’t wait for tomorrow!

-----

Hunter had left the other’s at his house to get it ready for his party while he drove through town to pick up Simon. He’d been meaning to talk to Simon for awhile and he felt that now was his perfect opportunity. He felt like an asshole for all of the things he’d put the kid through and Simon didn’t seem to hold it against him. For a while there Hunter was going to leave it alone since it seemed like Simon didn’t care anymore and he’d already forgiven him. But Hunter couldn’t die with that on his conscious. He didn’t want to be the jerk he’d once been. He wanted to die himself.

He pulled up down the street like Simon had instructed him to. It was going to be nine o’clock and as Hunter waited he starred up at the starry sky and weakly smiled to himself. It was the first time he truly thought about death and what would happen to him afterwards. He didn’t like to think about that type of shit because then it made him question his decisions. But Hunter knew in his heart that he was set on this. And he was prepared for whatever death brought to him.

He sat up when he saw Simon running down the street and into the passenger seat of his car. He was breathless and his cheeks were red from the cold. He had on his normal blue beanie and a large black jacket. Hunter was sure it kept him warm, but the party was thankfully going to be inside.

“Sorry, I took so long. I was waiting for my dad to fall asleep.” Simon glanced back as if to make sure his dad wasn’t running out of the house to follow him. “I’ve never snuck out before. You sure this is a good idea?”

Hunter nodded. “Yeah. I mean your dad doesn’t check up on you in the middle of the night, does he?”

Simon chuckled. “No.”

“Then you should be fine.” Hunter reassured him as he started up his car.

Simon smiled weakly as they drove in silence for a few minutes. Hunter wasn’t sure how to approach the conversation, but he knew that he had to. It was probably going to be one of the few moments he had alone with Simon before they died, and he wanted to make sure he did it right.