Chapter 10

Sorry for the very long wait and also exceptionally short chapter. This is just a filler before all of the good stuff happens :) Well enjoy and don't be shy to let me know what you think!

Also sorry for any grammar mistakes. Haven't had time to go over this chapter yet along with many others.

“You want me to what?”

Simon was confused, yet acutely aware of what Hunter was asking of him. His overly worked mind was in a daze after the party the previous night and none of them had heard from Lane or Tabitha since they’d left with one another. Hunter had picked Simon up bright and early that morning to go on a search for the two and make sure they didn’t…well, you know.

To make matters worse Simon hadn’t been feeling too good since he’d woken up that morning and he also didn’t remember a lot of the events that occurred at the party. According to Hunter however he’d drunk a lot of beer and made out with a blonde girl named Jenny. A lot. And as much as he wanted to lie in bed, sulk and sleep he knew that he had to assist Hunter in finding Lane and Tabitha.

But now Hunter was asking more from him and it was something that Simon was unsure he was going to be able to follow through. with Aside from feeling nauseous from the over consumption of alcohol, the request from Hunter made him feel even sicker. Not out of disgust but out of pure nerves. Simon wasn’t one for dates and he couldn’t even remember his first kiss with a girl considering he’d been wasted.

“I can’t.” He gulped, shaking his head frantically. “Hunter, I can’t go on a date with Ricky!”

Hunter sighed and ran a hand through his golden locks. “Simon, I know that this is all really confusing but it won’t be a real date. Darcy wants to triple date to the bowling alley tonight and I sort of invited Ricky. It’d just be weird if he was all by himself.” He looked away from the road to stare at Simon earnestly. “I know that I don’t deserve a whole lot from you but it’d mean-”

“Why?” Simon interrupted, narrowing his eyes at Hunter suspiciously.

That seemed to catch Hunter off guard as he blinked at Simon but stayed quiet, his eyes focusing back onto the road ahead of them. Hunter seemed to be mulling his answer over as Simon watched warily. He wasn’t sure if he should’ve asked but what Hunter was asking seemed a lot more serious.

Besides, Simon wasn’t exactly looking forward to spending a Saturday night with the kids who had tormented him throughout his entire high school life. He knew that Hunter and Rachelle would be there but that still gave him little solace.

What if they decided to shun and ignore him like they had all these years? What then? Simon wasn’t sure how he would handle that now that he liked to consider these people his friends, whether or not they felt the same way about him in return. He’d never had friends before so Simon was extremely wary on losing them, even if he was going to die in two weeks.

“Simon,” Hunter murmured after a few, momentous heart beats. “You’re not really going to make me say this, are you?” Now he refused to look Simon’s way, his eyes concentrated on the snow piled roads.

That’s when it dawned on Simon and he stared at Hunter in an entirely new light. Adjusting the blue beanie on his head he cleared his own throat and looked away. He had liked to believe that Hunter and Ricky were just friends, nothing more but he knew all along that something hadn’t been entirely normal between the two of them. Simon just couldn’t believe that the school’s golden boy was gay.

Still, it made him weakly smile to see that Hunter was slowly adjusting to the truth of himself.

“I’ll do it.” Simon muttered, staring down at his gloved hands.