Chapter 15

Entering suicide chat room...

Thatguy93 has entered...

Trouble101: The silent treatment xlonelygirlx? Really?

Xlonelygirlx: BeautyQueen, you there?

BeautyQueen: Yeah, what’s up?

Trouble101: Fine, I see how it is. Simon will talk to me, right? Simon?

Thatguy93: Simon hasn’t logged in today. In fact I haven’t heard anything from him since last night. You guys think he’s okay?

Trouble101: Oh, not this again.

Thatguy93: Maybe we should check on him, he didn’t look so well last night after all the shit that went down. Who’s coming with me?

Xlonelygirlx: I would but me and Rachelle have plans already.

BeautyQueen: Yeah, sorry Hunter. Looks like it’s just you and Lane this time.

Trouble101: Wait, what? I didn’t volunteer!

Thatguy93: Pick you up in five, Lane. Be ready.

Thatguy93 has logged out...

Trouble101: This is bullshit.

Trouble101 has logged out...

BeautyQueen: So where did you want to meet?

Xlonelygirlx: The Bench would be perfect. See you there.

Xlonelygirlx has logged out...

---------

 Simon didn’t move, he couldn’t move. The pressure against his chest was heavy as he only acknowledged the bleak, white ceiling above him. His room was dim with no morning light shining through as he covered himself in a heap of blankets and pretended to sleep. Although even that proved to be difficult as the tears in his eyes worsened and the gnawing feeling in his heart only intensified as the seconds turned into minutes. Time moved so agonizingly slow and he desperately wondered how long it would take before he was able to simply rid himself of his miserable life. He began to wonder if he could wait for the others because in that moment Simon was beginning to doubt himself and his wavering patience that was thinning with each passing day. 

The nights prior events had disturbed him in a way he had never known imaginable. Somewhere in the back of Simon’s mind he knew that he may have been being irrational. But another part of him felt so guilty and ashamed for the way he had behaved in the parking lot of that bowling alley. He tried to rationalize the fact that he’d been helping out Lane, but he knew that he shouldn’t have taken it so far. He shouldn’t have let that side of him be unveiled to the others. The side of him that was so dark and festered with evil, disturbing thoughts. The side of him that was so much like his father it made him sick to even think about. Allowing that side to be unleashed for even the slightest moment made his self hatred and suicidal thoughts intensify drastically. 

The harsh knock on his bedroom door startled him so that he was immediately sitting upright in his bed. Simon attempted to shield the tears in his eyes as he blinked fiercely. Surely enough the bedroom door was being shoved open and Mitch was sticking his head inside, dressed in his work uniform and his usual scowl upon his face. His eyes scanned Simon’s room suspiciously before he settled them on his obviously distraught son. 

“Shouldn't you be getting ready for school?” He asked gruffly. 

“I-I’m not feeling very good, Dad.” He held a hand to his stomach for dramatic effect. “I was going to ask if you’d allow me to take the day off. I haven’t missed a day in-”