Chapter Three: Surprise, dear mate

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

Somehow Xander had moved without me noticing and he was now standing further back from the rest, almost blocking the door.

"You're blinded," Xander said as I neared him. I didn't bother moving out of the way, I shove past him, allowing my arm to slightly push against his and say, " I'll look into it," and I leave.

I had too much to think about as I slowly made myself to my dorm.

Did Hunter kill that child? Is Xander really right? Who is my roommate?

Is my mate a monster?

*                *                      *                      *

                  The next few days I tried to lay low, think about my options, my next move. I went to class and then straight back to my room. I started to appreciate the double occupancy apartment they had on campus, especially when my roommate didn't even show up. It was basically just an apartment with everything I needed.

                  I hadn't seen Xander, Leslie, or anyone from that weird club all week.

                  I had all the silence I needed, yet I still hadn't thought of what to say to Hunter. How would I even bring up the video I saw of him without mentioning Xander. So many thoughts coursed through my head filling up the silence of the library I was in.

                  Sighing, I shut my textbook and shove it into my backpack. There was no use in trying to study when my mind wouldn't give me a moment to myself. I decide to grab an iced coffee and just roam the campus until I finally reach my room.

                  Cotton candy sky on a Friday evening, the fresh air was starting to calm me. Oh, how I miss nature. I take a last glance at the sky and make my way into the residency building.

When I got to my dorm room, something was off. The eggshell-colored door was slightly propped open, peering through the entrance, all the lights were off. Slowly pushing the door a few inches more, the room was absolutely silent.

                  "Umm hello?" I took a step inside. My mind wandered towards my potential roommate. Perhaps they already moved in and forgot to lock the door.

                  I push the door all the way in, glancing at everything In my eyesight. Straight ahead were two doors, a bathroom, and a closet for coats and shoes. The doorway went through a tiny hall and in order to see the rest of the condo, I needed to step fully inside.

                  "Hello?" I call again as I take a few steps in, looking to my right I see the open space of the kitchen. From there only the empty room door on the left was open. I skeptically look at my room from the distance, the door was shut closed.

                  Had it always been closed?

A small gust of fear crept through my spine and I suddenly felt really cold. I push down that feeling, I am a werewolf. I am strong. I am badass.

                  I am the Luna of the Dark moon pack, anything that's behind that door, I can handle.

With that, I take three long strides towards the other bedroom, and without hesitating, force the door open.

I was wrong, I couldn't handle it.

I either expected the worst or nothing at all. But this, the actual scene before me was appalling. And then, it got worse.

I scream as soon as I saw it.

There on my bed was a naked man, laying on his side with one leg propped up, his stuff, dangling in plain sight.