FIFTY-EIGHT.

DECEMBER, 2019. CONT.

I want to take a picture of this moment mentally and tuck it into my brain forever. I want to memorize each detail individually, from his mess of brown curls, to the way his hands are shaking as they run through that mess of brown curls anxiously.

All the way down to the look on his face. The tears in his eyes, the fear that joins them. The small dimple that carves into his cheek when his lips twitch into a nervous smile.

I take it all in, a deep breath filling my nose but never making it to my lungs. It's like the world is frozen, and I'm the only one moving now.

"Harry..." I manage to gasp out, gulping so violently I could have choked on my tongue.

"Took you long enough." He smirks, staring at me with this sparkle in his eye.

My knees wobble as I approach him, wanting to give out at any second.

"What are you doing?" I whisper, tears welling up in my eyes.

"Something I should have done a long, long time ago." Harry softly says, staring into my eyes as he lowers down onto one knee.

I've never seen him so serious. So genuine.

So scared.

My heart is pounding against my chest so rapidly I could go into cardiac arrest right now.

"I returned the ring because it wasn't right. It didn't feel right. I needed it to represent you. I needed it to mean something instead of just some diamond." He adds, slowly lifting the box up to me, shakily opening it.

It's beautiful. Sparkling under the light in a beautiful pink shimmer resting on top of a double diamond band.

"It's pink!" I squeal, covering my mouth.

Harry practically blushes, clearing his throat.

"Actually...um...so...okay.."

"Go on." I encourage gently.

"I had it made to be the exact same shade of lipstick you were wearing when we met."

It's taking me everything in my entire being to not tackle him right now. This is a moment he's probably planned for some time now and I don't want to kill it for him.

"Fucking hell." I exhale, trying to contain my emotions.

Harry beams at me, "Told you I loved when you wore lipstick."

"Gonna wear it forever now. Never take it off just to make you happy."

"You could breathe and I'd probably explode." He admits, and we laugh together before he grows serious again. "Soleil, I could go on and on. I had a whole speech planned, but I realized that I don't need it anymore. I could tell you how much I love you and care for you and cherish you, but in the end, words won't ever be able to really describe the way I feel for you. And now that you're here right in front of me, all I know is that I'm sure of one thing and one thing only."

"And that is?" I sniffle, my tears rolling down my cheeks.

"I want a life with you. I want my future with you. I want children with you. I want to grow old with you in this house. I want it all. Nothing I do will matter unless you're by my side. Will you—"

"Yes!" I blurt through my fit of tears.

"You didn't even—"

"I don't care! I've waited long enough now kiss me you idiot!"