FORTY-EIGHT.

NOVEMBER, 2019. CONT.

"I could kill him."

"The last thing we need is you in jail, Blair."

"Then let me call Harry. He'll kill him. I know he will. Won't even hesitate."

"How about we just take a deep breath and be here for her when she wakes up?"

"She's already awake." I grumble against the pillow.

Blair and Benny have been going back and forth for probably an hour now. So, there wasn't much time for me to sleep. Though, I didn't want to. I felt anxious and on edge.

Like someone was watching me.

But it's not possible considering I'm at Benny's apartment. He and Blair agreed the best option is for me to be somewhere River can't find me. And since he's been to Blair's apartment, chances are he'd find me there.

I don't know how to process everything that's happened in the past 24 hours. From Harry admitting that breakup was practically staged, to my house being burnt down to a crisp. Not much was left.

I'm devastated. I'm thankful that I wasn't home or Blue wasn't alive to be apart of this. I'm thankful I can easily replace most of the things I've lost.

Except for a few things.

One being my Harry box.

It's a shoebox full of all the things that were pieces of Harry over the years. From movie tickets to now dead flower petals, to letters he'd write when he was touring with the band. There were polaroids and poems and lyrics and everything he'd ever given me.

Just gone.

The only thing I have left of him now is the cherry necklace I haven't dared to take off. Thank God I never did even after he broke up with me.

Maybe if we were together, I wouldn't care so much. Because then maybe he could replace those things with new things. New letters, new guitar picks, new polaroids, new petals. Maybe not anymore.

I'm angry. I don't know why he blamed me for ruining whatever plans he had. I also don't know why he didn't tell me. All he had to do was tell me.

If he did, I'd be there. Not here on Benny's couch.

"How are you feeling?" Blair carefully asks me, brushing my hair out of my face.

"Like my house was burnt down." I grumble, sitting up.

"We're gonna figure it all out. Okay?" Benny assures me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

Blair's phone starts to buzz and she sighs, answering it within the first few rings. She glances at me as she listens to the other end speak.

"Yeah, I know." She huffs before standing up and making her way into the bathroom. "I can't do that..."

"I'm sorry all of this is happening to you." Benny tells me quietly.

I shrug, slapping my hands against my knees.

"I guess this is just how life is."

My phone starts to ring now, Mom's name on the screen. I lift it up and answer it quickly, my lips quivering.

"Mama?" I whimper, feeling weaker than I've ever felt.

"Oh, baby." She exhales. "Baby, I am so sorry."

"I don't know what to do." I murmur.

"He's gonna go to prison. I don't care what we have to do, he's going to end up there. And we're going to find you a new home and it's going to be okay."