Oneshot

Luz woke to the sound of her phone buzzing. She rubbed her eyes, unaware of what today was. She grabbed her phone and looked at it. "First day of school!" It said.

Suddenly, Luz jumped to her feet and grabbed her outfit. If I manage to do my spells properly, I'll be in the same grade as Willow, Gus, and...Amity, Luz thought. She felt her heart fill up with joy. Amity was the first crush she had had since third grade. And of course, that was in the human realm. She was in a whole new world. Luz fantasized that she and Amity were dating, and lost herself. Finally, she snapped out of it, put on her boots, and ran downstairs.

"You're late. On the first day." Eda sighed.

"I'm sorry, I just-"

"What are you apologizing for? I'm proud of you." Eda laughed. Luz rolled her eyes, grabbed her lunch bag, and ran out the door.

On the walk, Luz imagined all the things she could do with her friends once she started attending school. She was feeling so exited about it when suddenly, she felt herself falling to the ground.

"Take that, human!" She heard a voice say. She knew that voice. It was Basha.

"Boscha, stop bothering her!" Another voice said. Luz knew that voice even better. Amity.

"Are you ok?" Amity asked, extending her hand.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Luz responded, taking it. She looked at her wrist. It didn't look like anything, but hurt bad.

"Does it hurt?" Amity asked.

"Yeah, but it'll be fine." Luz pulled out a pen and paper from her bag, and made an ice glyph. Then, she tore off a piece of paper and wrapped the ice in it. "This'll do for now." Said Luz.

"After school you can come to my house. We have some medicines that will fix that right up." Luz felt her heart begin racing. One on one time with Amity? That would be a perfect opportunity to tell her how she felt. But before she could say yes, her anxiety responded for her.

"No thanks." Luz said, not knowing why she said it.

"Oh, ok. But we have to get moving. We're going to be late." Amity responded. She began walking, and after a moment of cursing her anxiety, Luz followed.

Finally, they arrived at the school. They rushed in to get to the exam room before the bell rang, and just barely made it.

"Amity,Luz, please take a seat. I will call you up when it's your turn." The exam teacher said. Luz sat down and felt her leg bouncing up and down. She had a few minutes and had a sketch pad, so she began doodling to calm herself.

"Luz Noceda, will you come up?" She heard.

"Um, ok." She walked up, sketch pad in hand, shaking.

"What course do you plan on taking?"

"P-potions."

"Please show us what you can do." Luz sat down the pad and began to draw her light glyph. It wasn't her best work, considering she had no hand to hold down the paper. But it worked. She heard a chorus of oos and ahs fill the room as the light floated into the air. "Very impressive. Please show us your second spell." Luz obliged to the exam teacher's request. She drew her ice glyph, and ice zoomed out of the page. "You pass!" The exam teacher stated. She knew she could do it, but she almost couldn't believe she had. She walked away smiling, knowing that she was able to be with Amity now.