Training

Taurus POV

(okay sorry I'm a bit biased Taurus is my sign after all apologies apologies apologies I'll try and level it out plus her POV would be very interesting to write)

I was trying to focus on the good things. (and not the possible fact that I was mistake)

For one, the dorm rooms were awesome. Ours was earthy, crawling with plants and just about everything was plants too. Our beds were trees that had grown straight out of the earth, twined themselves together, and put a mattress on top, and we'd gotten an amazing sleep. The leafy branches formed perfect canopies. The windows offered us a great view of... um, whatever it was. Even though we were in space the lighting was going to be the same as if we were on earth, sunlight moonlight starlight and all, which was nice because it gave it a natural feel. 

For another, my roommates, Virgo and Capricorn, were both girls and very nice. 

At breakfast, Sun popped in to give us an announcement. "In case you get lost, if you need to go anywhere just say it out loud and the palace will transport you there. I will come and collect you at twelve, normally training would begin earlier but we're giving you some time to socialize." 

Which was why after breakfast, I decided that I was going to study up on my 'intriguing' ability. As the zodiacs chattered and drifted away from the table to go and 'socialize', I looked around for Aquarius, who'd said that he'd help me study up. 

Finding him nowhere in sight, I growled in frustration and decided to go to the place he was most likely to go: the library. 

As I was running out of the breakfast room I bumped into something in the shadows and a moment later a hand came down to roughly chop the top of my head. Being the youngest, as I inferred, sucked because I was also kind of the shortest. 

"Watch where you're going, idiot." 

I groaned inwardly as Scorpio moved out of the shadows. "Oh, I'm sorry," I slightly mockingly, rubbing my head. "Didn't see you there, since you were in the dark." 

He scowled darkly. "Then look more carefully, stupid." 

"Oh really?" I crossed my arms and stared up at him. Being this close made it painfully obvious how much taller Scorpio really was-the top of my head just barely grazed his chin. "And how am I supposed to do that, if you're in the dark and all?" 

His only response was to scowl deeper and another chop on the head. Then he was gone. 

"What a grumpypants," I muttered to myself, rubbing my sore head. "Now Sun said to just say it out loud...? Fine." I took a deep breath and said loudly, praying that Scorpio was far, far away, "I'd like to go to the library, please." 

Nothing happened for a few moments, and I felt pretty ridiculous, until the floor rumbled and the walls around me became warped. "To the library it is," A deep voice rumbled (the castle, apparently, could talk!). Now the walls were warped and blurred, and the rumble was as loud as ever. 

Then it stopped. The walls returned to normal and I found myself in a different hallway, standing in front of two ginormous double doors with the word Library inscribed onto a shiny plaque. "Thank you, castle," I said, then pushed open the door. 

I was in book heaven!!!!

Books were everywhere, simply everywhere. The bookshelves soared upwards, and there were several desks forming a neat row in the middle of the library, too, and sitting at one of them, headphones on and giant book out, was, as I suspected, Aquarius.  

"Hey!" I said, tapping the desk so that he'd know I was here. His head jerked up and immediately became flustered. "O-Oh! Taurus!" he removed his headphones. "You said you'd help me with my ability," I reminded him gently, because he seemed like the type to get jumpy if you were too forceful.