The Palace of Stars

Before we begin, I'd like to go over some things.

The zodiacs have special non-conscious powers that come from their sign. For instance:

The Fire Signs: can never be burned by fire and will never feel extreme temperatures (as in ARCTIC COLD or DESERT HOT)

The Earth Signs: no matter how high they fall they will never be harmed, and can hide underground indefinetly without any trouble.

The Air Signs: can all levitate off the ground slightly, and will never have any trouble breathing no matter the air. 

The Water Signs: can all breathe underwater and hide underwater indefintely. 

And all of the zodiacs share a special telepathic connection that allows them to talk to another telepathically. 

Just wanted to clarify that, thanks! 

And now, the story begins.

---------------------------------------------

Nobody's POV (3rd person's?)

They awoke in a room. 

Actually, room didn't quite describe it right. 

More like a giant palace room, because that's what it was. 

However, the 12 teenage kids that had just been transported here were not at all happy about what was going on. 

"What the hell?" Scorpio was the first to say. "Where the heck are we?" 

"It's the middle of the night, too," Gemini complained, rubbing his eyes. All twelve were, in fact, in their pajamas. Pisces and Cancer were still asleep. 

"Where are my headphones?!" Aquarius asked, panicking. 

Taurus rolled her eyes and tossed him the pair of headphones she'd found teetering on her head. "Here you go." 

"Was anybody else awake when we got transported here?" Leo asked. "I mean, I was." 

"I was," Libra and Taurus replied in unison. 

"I was studying my books," Libra said. 

"I was getting a snack," Taurus said. 

"I was about to get up," Aries said, shrugging. "I couldn't sleep, so I was going to go shoot some basketballs." 

"Um, excuse me," A soft voice piped up. All heads turned towards Virgo. "I don't know who you are," she stammered, all eyes on her. "I-I mean, it'd be nice if we could introduce ourselves..." 

All the zodiacs went around and introduced themselves. The two sleeping woke up too. (and because I'm lazy I'll skip this part)

"Okay, whatever! Forget introductions, check out this crib!" Saggitarius burst out after the last person went. She pointed to the setting around them. "Is this swag or what?!" 

"I don't think swag is a word-" Pisces's voice was drowned out by the rest of the zodiacs' oooos and aaahhhhs. Well, except for Scorpio. He just studied it. 

But the room was amazing, and like nothing they'd ever seen before on Earth. The walls were a deep blue, and embedded with gold and diamonds and precious jewels in a stars and galaxy pattern, forming familiar constellations like the Big Dipper and Orion. There were several large, arced windows with wispy dark blue curtains that glittered with gold and silver. It was gilded in gold, too, and frankly, as Leo commented, this entire room 'screamed of wealth.'