Chapter 12

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 12

Zoya's POV

            It was pretty late when Dina came home. I was half asleep and not in the mood to talk. I pretended I was sleeping. I'll talk to her tomorrow. She fell asleep soon anyway. We have another show to do tomorrow. And then we'll have the next two days free. I drifted to sleep soon enough.

            When I woke up, Dina was still asleep, hugging her pillow, and smiling. I don't think I've ever seen her smile in her sleep, and we have spent a lot of nights at each other place. A few minutes later, she woke up too, opening only her right eye, looking at me. Her left eye was buried into the pillow. She smiled.

            "What are you so happy about?", I asked her, returning the smile.

            "Oh, nothing...", she said, cuddling her pillow.

            "Good morning, by the way.", she added smiling.

            "Good morning.", I replied, sitting up in my bed, squeezing my pillow in front of me.

            "Something is. Oh, come on! Tell me!", I begged.

            Just when she sat up, smiled and was about to say something, Melanie called for us from upstairs. Geez, great timing, Melanie!

            "Girls! Come on up. We have to go soon!", she called.

            Oh, shoot, what time it was, anyway? Dina glanced at her watch, as if she heard my thoughts.

            She jumped up from her bed: "Oh, crap! It's 1 pm already! Get up, ZoyToy!!".

            We were upstairs about 5 minutes later. Ready to go. We ate on our way. Today we had the show at 2:30 pm, and not at 4 pm like usually. We arrived at the theatre quickly. Everyone was there already.

            Dina went over to James and they talked about something. They were smiling about it. I was trying to hear what they were talking about, when Melanie called for me. Really, Melanie, great timing, again! She called me to introduce me to the person who'll assist me with lights and sound. Girl named Suzie.

            Dina went to the backstage room, and came out a few minutes later. Once the audience settled into their seats, Melanie announced that the show is about to start. About 45 minutes later, the show was almost over and Dina sang her song. But then, instead of a hug like in the last two shows, Dina and James kissed! Like in the first show. 'Ok, what's going on here? Should I know something?', I thought to myself surprised. They bowed and the curtain closed.

            They came down from the stage, holding hands. Dina stopped in front of Melanie and me, James stood behind her. He wrapped his arms around her waist, placing his chin on her left shoulder. They both grinned like idiots. I raised my eyebrow looking at James's hands on Dina's waist. They both smiled at my expression.

            "Is there something I should know? And why don't I know it already?".

            Melanie laughed at my words. "Well, James and I are together and...", Dina said.

            I interrupted her, making her to stop talking: "What? When? How? Wait! WHAAAT? Together? WHEEEN??".

            The three of them laughed at my reaction. Yea, I bet I sounded like a lunatic.

            "And why don't I know it already?", I asked raising my eyebrow to Dina, cocking my head, crossing my hands over my chest.

            Dina answered: "Can I continue what I was saying? ... and you were sleeping when I came home last night. And this morning, well, afternoon actually, Melanie called for us and we had to rush. There was no time.".

            She smiled. James cocked and lowered his head a bit towards her left cheek, kissing her. Someone called Melanie and she went away, smiling. At first, I was surprised about what Dina just said. But then I started jumping excitedly, clapping my hands together.

            I started to sing: "James and Dina, sitting in the tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!", spelling each letter of the word 'kissing' separately.

            Both of them started to laugh and then I remembered I could show them something.

            I said: "Ooh-oh! I have something to show you guys!".

            I searched for my phone, looking for the thing I wanted to show them. When I found what I was searching for, I pressed 'play' on it and turned my phone towards them. They watched the video, smiling. James hugged her tightly.

            He said: "Aww, we look so cute! You look great beside me.".

            Dina turned to face him: "Yes, we do. Don't we, ZoyToy?".

            She smiled turning her head towards me again.

            "Yea, Duuuh! Totally!!", I replied waving my hands in the air confirming.

            They started to laugh at me, kissing each other shortly. They signed some cards and took some photos like every time after the show. The whole crew got together and went to the bar. Dina and James said they won't go. They had other plans. I didn't want to go either. Melanie said she'll join me at home soon and we'll watch movies. After they said goodbye to everyone, Dina and James went out first, holding hands.

            "They look so great together.", Melanie said with a smile.

            "You know, that's why I invited him to come at the same time when you and Dina were supposed to be here. I just knew they would be a perfect couple. And my male leading actor didn't get ill. Well, there was no one to get ill in the first place, actually. But that's our secret.", she winked at me and smiled.

            "You've planned all of this from the beginning, didn't you?", I smiled asking. She nodded her head confirming and we smiled to each other.

            "Just keep it a secret. Forever.", she added.

            I promised I will and then I went home. Melanie stayed in the theatre some more. I came home and started to clean the house while I waited for Melanie. When she came, we watched the movie and then went for a walk. When we came home, we watched the TV some more, and it was time for bed. I went downstairs to the room and read a book. I fell asleep.