Chapter 34 - Pic of Mark

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 34

Dina's POV

            As I was running, I looked at the floor, not paying any attention to where I was going. A pair of strong arms caught me by my shoulders. I recognized them and the scent instantly. It was James.

            He said: "Hey! Wow, wow! Wait! Dina, what happened? What's wrong? Why are you crying?". I didn't look up, so he took my chin with his hand, and tilted my head up gently, looking me right in the eyes.

            "What happened, Dina?", he asked again, worriedly.

            I wiped my tears away and said: "Nothing.". I glanced back at Daniel's door and got away from James's arms.

            "I can't talk to you now. Leave me alone.", I said and started to run again, towards the exit.

            I ran outside of the building, in a direction of my building. I paused shortly for a moment while I was running. I needed to catch a breath. Even tho I was going to the gym daily since that day when James went away, I went out of air. Probably because I was so weak.

            When I entered my building I went to the floor where my place was. I came in front of the door, and started rummaging through my purse to find the key. Zoya probably wasn't at home, so there was no point in knocking. I paused for a second, wondering. 'Is it everybody's mission in life to hurt me? Why do I always end up caring for those who hurt me, anyway?', I thought to myself. I didn't know what I felt for Daniel. I cared for him, but I wasn't sure in which way. I knew I really loved James. Can someone love two people at the same time? I mean really love. I don't think so, but maybe I'm wrong. The only thing I knew was, I'll never love anyone the way I love James. I was lost in my thoughts when someone put some kind of a tissue on my face, covering my mouth and my nose. I felt sleepy instantly, but I tried not to sleep.

Earlier that day...

James's POV

            I've sent a few messages to Dina this morning. She didn't reply to any of them. Then I called her. Her phone was turned off. I got worried. I decided I'll go to Daniel's place. Maybe he knows what's going on with her. As I came to his hallway, I saw her. Dina was running towards me, looking at the floor. I stopped her grabbing her by her shoulders.

            I asked: "Hey! Wow, wow! Wait! Dina, what happened? What's wrong? Why are you crying?". She didn't look up, so I took her chin with my hand, tilting her head up to face me. She was crying.

            "What happened, Dina?", I repeated worriedly since she didn't reply the first time.

            She wiped her tears and said: "Nothing.", glancing towards Daniel's door once more.

            She pulled out of my arms and said: "I can't talk to you now. Leave me alone.", and then she ran off.

            I thought that Daniel told her that he knows about her and me. I wasn't sure should I go after her or no. She did say 'Leave me alone'. Maybe I should go to talk with Daniel first.

            I went to his door and heard the voices inside: "Oh, Diana... Oh, Daniel!".

            "WTF! Oh, I'm going to kill him!", I said quietly. I was sure this is what made Dina cry.

            I started slamming my hands to the door, yelling: "What the fuck, man?? Open the door! Now!!!". The noises stopped but no one was opening.

            A few seconds later I repeated: "Open the fucking door or I'll slam them down!!".

            I was so angry. The doors opened slightly and I pushed them harder, slamming them to the wall, instantly grabbing the guy in front of me, slamming him to the wall too. I held him pinned to the wall, preparing to make a punch, when I realized...

            This wasn't my brother...

            It wasn't Daniel.

            It was Mark, Daniel's roommate. Mark was handsome, according to girls. He had blue eyes and dark ruffled hair. Athletic type.

            I yelled, still angry: "What the fuck is going on here? Where's Daniel?".

            Mark just murmured: "He's not here, it's just me and her.", he nodded his head towards the girl in her underwear. I removed my hands from him, but he didn't move at all.

            The girl, fully dressed now, came closer and asked confused, looking at Mark: "What do you mean by 'Daniel is not here'? You are Daniel. Aren't you?". She looked truly confused.

            "No, lady, this isn't Daniel. This jerk is Mark.", I said nodding my head towards Mark and slapping the back of his head with my hand.

            The girl turned to me and asked: "Are you sure?".

            I snorted and replied: "I'm pretty sure I know how my brother looks like, and this isn't him.".

            The girl turned to Mark again, slapping him across his face, murmuring 'Sorry' to me. She took her purse and went out through the door.

            I grabbed Mark again, yelling at him: "What the hell was that about? Why did you tell that girl your name is Daniel?? And where is Daniel, anyway?".

            "He's at work. He switched shift with some friend. He works until 5 pm.", he said scared I'll beat him up. I have to go and find Dina. This idiot will have to explain himself later!

            "Wait right here and pray I find her!", I said loudly, removing my hands from him, turning towards the door.

            "Find her? Who?", Mark asked confused.

            "Dina! She came here and heard the two of you love birds inside! She ran away thinking it was Daniel! You better pray I find her, or you'll be smashed when Daniel finds out about this!", I said turning to him and scaring him a little more.

            Mark didn't know about Dina and me. He only knew about Daniel and Dina. The truth was, if I don't find Dina, I'll be the one who'd smash him, not Daniel. Well, maybe Daniel too, but I would for sure!

            Mark froze and squealed through his teeth: "Oh, holy shit! I'm a dead man!". I nodded confirming at the statement he's made, smirking.

            He continued: "I'm so sorry! I didn't think this will happen! Oh, shit!".

            "Yea, you didn't think! You never do!", I answered him and started running through the hallway.

            "I need to find my Dina! Where did she go? I'll check her home first!", I talked to myself loudly when I got out from the building.

            Luckily, no one was there to hear me. It was 1 pm. When I got to her apartment, I noticed her purse on the floor. Ok, that's weird. I picked it up, and looked further in the hallway.

            At the end of it, I saw a shoe.

            Her shoe.

            My insides flipped. Something happened to her. I ran over to the shoe. As I came closer to the emergency exit doors that lead to the basement, I heard noises. It was Dina's voice. She sounded weird.

            I pulled out my gun and followed her voice silently. It was getting darker as I was walking down. There were only a few light bulbs turned on in the basement, and it was pretty dark. And then I saw her. She was on the floor, trying to fight the guy on top of her, unsuccessfully.