Chapter 47

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 47

Zoya's POV

            Alex and Ryan were chatting, Daniel was washing the dishes and cleaning the dining room. Melanie and Mark decided they could help him. Jake and I cleaned the living room. Ryan went to the bathroom, and Jake went to the kitchen taking dirty glasses with him.

            Alex approached me and said: "Zoya, I really like Ryan. But I just met him yesterday! He kissed me! This is insane!".

            I smiled and said: "Alex, look at Jake and me. Not that I'm giving you any advice on the subject, because Dina would kill me if I did, but him and I - we had sex the same night we've met!". I said whispering and then I laughed.

            She was shocked and said: "You didn't!".

            When I nodded my head confirming, she said: "You're insane!".

            "I must agree on that one. He drove me crazy. I just couldn't help myself. Well, you see, my Jake...", as I was talking, Jake came back and stood behind me, hugging me.

            He said: "Me what?", he smiled.

            "Oh, nothing. Who said we were talking about you?", I replied quickly with a smile.

            "You have another boyfriend named Jake?", he asked amused.

            "Well, no... I just hoped you didn't hear 'my' in the 'my Jake' part. Never mind.", I smiled, waving my hand dismissively.

            Alex got the hint and went back to the couch. I turned around and kissed Jake. Ryan came back too, sat beside Alex and they continued talking. I started to clean again. Jake just smiled. I winked towards Alex and went to the kitchen.

            A few hours later, James came back from the hospital. He told us there was nothing new, Dina is still in a coma. Alex, Melanie and I were dancing, the boys were chatting. James was sitting in the dining room, alone, thinking. Then Ryan went to James to talk to him.

James's POV

            When I visited Dina, there was nothing new. I sat on the chair beside her bed, placing her photo on her bedside table, in the photo frame I made for her. I talked to her, making plans of what we'll do when she wakes up, where we'll go. I had all kind of ideas in my mind. I was with her for a few hours, and then I went back to Daniel's place.

            I sat in the dining room, thinking. After a while, Ryan joined me. He sat opposite to me and asked if everything is ok.

            I said quietly so no one would hear me: "Yes. I just miss Dina and I want her to wake up. It so hard to look at her lying like that. With no sign she'll wake up anytime soon. I really love her a lot. And this baby... What will I do, Ryan? I have no idea what should I do.", I placed my hands on my face, blowing air to them.

            Ryan sighed and said: "I believe you love her, it's so obvious. Have you talked to Daniel about the baby? I think you should talk to him. I know you said that you promised not to tell anyone, but it's starting to be visible. Her belly, I mean. Have you noticed?".

            I looked at him and said: "Yea, I noticed. But still, I can't tell him. Not yet. I'll wait for a little longer.".

            "Ok, but don't wait too long. It could only complicate things more.", he said calmly.

            Alex came to us and he smiled to her. She stood behind him, and hugged him around his neck, placing her head next to his. I raised my head in their direction and looked at them shocked.

            I asked, shaking my head and raising my eyebrows: "Did I miss something?".

            "Ehm, well, we're dating. Just started, actually.", Ryan explained smiling.

            I smiled to them and said: "Wow! That's great.".

            They smiled and turned in a direction of the living room, inviting me to join them. I followed them and we talked for a while. It was getting late. Ryan said he has to go, offering Alex to drive her home, but she said she'd like to stay a bit longer. He got up, kissed Alex, said goodbye to us and went away.

            We played a game and after a while Jake said he'll drop off Zoya, Melanie and Alex back home. All of us said goodbye, and they went away. Daniel, Mark and I were left alone. Then I decided I'll go home too. I'm working tomorrow morning. I said goodbye to them and went home. I have a lot to think about.

Daniel's POV

            When James went away, Mark and I were alone. I asked him to tell me the details about how he knows that Melanie likes me. He said that he noticed she's looking at me a lot, and smiling for no reason when she does that. So he asked her about it, and she didn't deny it at all. Instead, she just admitted to him that she likes me. She asked him if I'm single, he said I am.

            I told him a few days ago what happened between James, Dina and me, so he knew that part, and skipped it in front of Melanie. I was thankful for that. I will SMS Melanie and ask her out tomorrow. Or, should I call her? I'll call her. Now. It's not that late yet. Mark smiled at me and said he's going to sleep. He went away and I took my phone, dialing Melanie's number.

            She answered: "Hello?".

            I got a little nervous at the sound of her voice: "H-hey Melanie... It's me, Daniel. I just wanted to check if you got home safely. Have you?".

            She smiled and said: "Hey! Yes, yes, I just entered Zoya's room, I'll sleep in her room.".

            I wanted to joke a little so I said: "You evicted Zoya from her room? Where will she stay then? Don't tell me, Jake's place?".

            She laughed: "Yes, his place, she decided that when we got here. Alex is in Dina's room.".

            "Good. Look, I wanted to ask you something...", I said making a pause, taking a silent deep breath and then I continued: "Would you like to go out with me some time? Maybe... Tomorrow?".

            She chuckled and said: "Hmm, attempting offer... I'll say... Hmm...".

            'Oh, God, she's going to say no.', I thought.

            She interrupted my thoughts and said: "Well, I'll say, sure. Why not! What time?".

            'Did she just said 'yes'? She accepted!', I thought to myself again.

            "Ehm, at 8 pm? If that's ok with you.", I replied quickly.

            "Looking forward to it! See you tomorrow then. Good night, sleep well.", she said smiling.

            "Good night. See you soon. Just don't say anything to James, he might freak out since you're old friends and all.", I replied.

            She smiled and replied: "Ok, it will be our secret. Sleep well.", and we hung up.