Chapter 4 - Pic of Dina

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 4

Melanie's POV

            As I came closer to James, I said hopefully: "Good! My male lead actor got ill and won't be able to perform... Could you jump in?". I pressed the palms of my hands together, as if I was praying.

            James said instantly: "Of course I'll help you, Mel. Where's the script?".

            I pointed him to go into the backstage room, as I followed him. Dina turned to face me when he walked past her, greeting her.

            She said quietly: "Mel...", but I just smiled to her and said we'll talk later.

            I went to the backstage room where James was, and Dina went to talk to Zoya. I gave the script to James. He kept reading it for a few moments, then he stopped reading, turning his head up from the papers, looking at me. He was leaning on the desk, partly sitting on it.

            He said worriedly: "Uhm... Mel, here it says I have to...".

            I stopped him from talking further by pulling my palm up to face him. "I know what it says. I wrote the script, remember? Now hush!", I said smiling.

            He looked at me getting his eyebrows up in the air and said: "But...".

            I interrupted him again: "No but's, James. Just don't worry about it. Ok?", I smiled to him reassuringly.

            He just nodded with his head, not sure if he should try to say anything else.

            Luckily, he decided not to say anything. I was thankful for that. I turned away from him and went outside of the room.

            As I came out, I started: "Alright people, we have our male lead actor after all, James! And female, Dina!".

            Everyone started clapping and 'woot woo ting'. They were happy. The show will go on. I went over to Dina to talk to her. She seemed a bit nervous about it.

            When I approached her, I asked happily: "What's up, Dina?". I was grinning.

            Dina shook her head, raising her eyebrow. She started: "Mel... I can't be the lead actor...".

            I interrupted, worriedly: "Why?".

            "How do you mean 'why'? James is... I... We'll have to...", she said waving her hand towards the backstage room where James was.

            I just smiled to her, knowing what she meant. I said smiling again: "I'll change that part a little, ok?". I grinned.

            She nodded relaxed. "Ok then.", she said happily, and walked away to Zoya again.

            They were whispering something. Did these two had some problems I didn't know about? Knowing them, probably.

Zoya's POV

            I didn't know what's in the script. Dina refused to tell me. Saying that she'll tell me about it later and that Melanie will change it anyway. I just nodded 'Ok' and smiled. James came out from the backstage room.

            Dina and I started to think what we could do about the dress. We went to the backstage room. Glancing around, Dina saw something and started to grin.

            She turned to me, and said: "It's the lead actresses dress that got lost, right?", I nodded my head confirming.

            She smiled: "Ok, so... as it looks like, that's my dress. So... I'm gonna need some pins and needles, and some white or light beige color sewing thread... Could you get that for me?".

            I looked at her confused, but I nodded confirming again. What was she up to now? I smiled and went to the shop. As I came to the backstage room, I gasped. She had some enormous piece of material around her, trying to see in the mirror which way it will look better as a dress.

            I smiled at her, now understanding what she's about to do. She looked at me. The material was really beautiful. It was light beige color, and it looked amazing around Dina, and it even wasn't a dress yet! I smiled at the thought.

            "I'll make it back at home, it will be ready for tomorrow. Don't worry.", she said smiling.

            Phew, what a relief! I knew she'll think of something. Melanie called out for Dina, so she went outside of the room, to the stage. Dina already knew the song she had to sing on the show.

            Melanie said that they will rehearse only up to the part where she'd have to sing. And then she said to Dina that she could practice the song at home.

            James raised his eyebrow, moving the papers away from his eyes, asking amusingly: "And what about the part after the song? We won't rehearse that?".

            Dina got a little nervous, looking scared at Melanie.

            Melanie smiled to James and said: "No, not today. Just the part up to the song. Not after the song.".

            Ok, what's up with everyone?? What happens after the song? I was in my thoughts when the rehearsal started. Dina and James were so cute on the stage. I couldn't help but smile.

            When they finished the rehearsal, Dina approached me, saying: "ZoyToy, I'll go now. I have to make the dress. See you at home later?".

            I smiled to her, she liked to call me 'ZoyToy' sometimes. I said: "Sure. See you later. Good luck with the dress!". She went away.

            Melanie came to me. "Zoya, since James will be acting, he won't be able to take care of sound and lighting. Could you do it? I'll ask someone to help you out. I know it's new to you, but we'll all help out.", she started.

            I said worriedly, stuttering: "O-okay...".

            She smiled and said, hugging me with one hand: "Don't worry, everything will be ok. I'll help you out too.".

            It was already late when I came to our current home, Dina refused to show me the dress. Saying I'll see it tomorrow, she grinned and walked away from me. I shrugged, sadly.

            She was interested in so many things, between which, there was a fashion design too. She liked a lot of things. Directing, filming, singing, dancing, writing, and so much more. But she never acted professionally, only in school plays. Not until now, anyway.

            I guess now she had one more thing to add to her interest list. I smiled at that thought. She even used to train martial arts and had her own street dance group. I adored Dina.

            Melanie said we don't have to get up early tomorrow. The show was in the afternoon. We'll be free in the morning. So we watched a movie at the evening. After we finished the movie, we played some cards, and then went to bed. It was 3 am already.