Chapter 21: Closure

I still can't believe that I passed out at the bar

I still can't believe that I passed out at the bar. I just drank some Jack Daniels! I'm not supposed to be drunk after all of that!

My head really aches and I groaned once I feel it. I was surprised when he gave me some chocolates. "What is that?" I asked him. "They're chocolates for god's sake."

"No. I mean why are you giving me that?" I made a weird face at him. "It's for your head. This removes headaches," he simply said. God, Jennie! I was legit expecting a different answer just like, "Because I like you." OR "For you to feel my sweetness."

But he's not like that! He's an asshole so I should better be not expecting some cheesy lines for him to say. I'll play hard to get. "I don't like sweets."

"Oh really? But way back in high school you almost chugged every single chocolate you can see—" I harshly get the chocolates from him and not let him finish the sentence. This is so embarrassing! I really love chocolates way back high school.

He knows me pretty well. We're ex-best friends after all.

At night, the two couples decided to date on their own and left us two here alone. And now, we can't even talk to each other. "Hey, let's go to a near bar," I suggested because I don't want to spend the night in here.

"No. You're gonna be drunk again and I don't want to carry you anymore. You're so heavy." I was insulted by what he said. I just raised my middle finger on him and he just laughed. "Let's just go! I swear I'm not going to be drunk."

Thank God I made him agree. We're here at the bar and everyone is so hyped! I started dancing and drinking at the same time while he is just watching me. "You should dance too!" I offered him the bottle and he drank from it.

Minutes later, we we're hella drunk so we decided to rest on the table. On the table, pop songs are being played and not those hyped songs on the dance floor. I still ordered some beer though. "Hey, what about... we play a game?"

"What game..." he's already half-asleep. I slapped his cheek to awake him and I laughed at his expression. "Let's play the 'of-course' game!"

The 'of-course' game is kinda popular in Korea because it's a game where everyone should be drunk. Everyone will be asking questions and the answer should only be "of course". If you didn't answer "of course", you should drink a whole bottle of soju.

"Remember, if you didn't answer 'of course', you'll be drinking this can of beer," I chuckled. Of course we don't want to drink beer anymore because we're so drunk already. This game is supposed to insult someone so he/she would actually say "of course". So get ready Taehyung, I'll insult you big time.

"Taehyung, you're an asshole right?" I said and chuckled. I'm kind of sober right now, but he's hella drunk and that makes me laugh. "Of course," he answered.

"Jennie, you're beautiful right?" He said. Bruh, you're supposed to insult me! But never mind, "Of course! Even if this isn't a game I will still answer 'of course'.

"Taehyung, are you a jerk?" I asked. He chuckled and smiled at me while looking sleepy. His hair is messy right now but he's still handsome! Argh! "Of course."

"Jennie, you're kind right?" He said. So he does compliment me. What is up with him! "Of course I am. Taehyung, you've changed right?" I didn't even know why I said that. I'm just curious if he's aware.

"Of course. Jennie, you've hurt me a lot before right?" Now that's a stab in the heart. My smile vanished and I know he's really drunk. "F*cking no..." I said and drank the whole can of beer. I got drunk again and slammed my head on the table.

"Hey Jennie, you're next to ask..." he said, still half-asleep. I really have no idea on what to answer but something crossed my mind. I put another can of beer in the table. "Taehyung, you still like me right?"

"Of course..." I wasn't expecting that. I'm still drunk but his words made me teary-eyed. Suddenly another music played on the speakers.

🎶I thought we said we're good
Was I misunderstood?
You lookin' at me so cold
After all that we've been through
How could you pretend?
I'm someone that you don't know🎶

🎶I'm so sick of planning all my nights, nights
'Round avoiding you it's gotta end
We don't have to love again or try, try
But can you tell me🎶

🎶Ooh why do we, we have to be
Enemies, enemies?
Forget all the scars
All that they are
Memories, memories
Oh oh I know it hurts 'cause I feel it too
But after all, all that we been through, yeah
Ooh why do we, we have to be
Enemies, enemies?🎶

"That song is f*cking relatable," I laughed. I was startled when he suddenly hold my hand tight. "Jennie, you're desperate over me right?"

I took a sigh. "Of course," I said, wiping my tears. "I don't like it when you are desperate over me. I've experienced that before and I don't want you to feel that," he said out of the blue.

I didn't mind what he said. "Taehyung, do you love me?"

"Of course," I said. I don't know if he's still playing a game or it's now real. But I wish it was... real. My tears started to fall. "Jennie, I'm a coward right?" He said.

"What?" I don't know what is he talking about. "I don't even have the guts to ask you for a date. I'm such a coward," he said. I remember that day when I'm dating Alex. I don't know what to feel right now. But one thing's for sure.

Now I know, he didn't really changed. Instead, he wore a mask to hide his pain. And now, Im glad he finally opened up to me. Gosh, im loving him even more.

********************

A/N: As what I've said, this chapter got deleted so I rewrote it so it's a little bit different from the original chapter.

Featured Song: Enemies by Lauv

VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH