Chapter 9: Because of You

My heart really aches seeing Taehyung happily looking at So-Hyun while singing

My heart really aches seeing Taehyung happily looking at So-Hyun while singing. I used to own that smile of him! When we were in the university, he always smiles at me and only me. But now, he's smiling for another girl in which their fans would die seeing.

Everyone was touched with their sweetness, while here I am, thinking if I should just go home or stay. If I will go home, they will notice me and they might find me suspicious. But I can't stand seeing Taehyung with another girl.

I know I sound possessive and desperate as heck, and I can't even understand myself right now. Taehyung is not my boyfriend and I don't own him, and yet I'm acting that he is. He has the rights to do that and he can just dump me all the way he wanted. But still, I can't stop myself from getting mad.

I'm mad because he didn't even think of what I'm feeling. He's so insensitive, knowing that we are ex-bestfriends. We used to bond all the time and spend our happy moments together while the world is having a mess. But when I knew that my family sabotaged theirs, I became one piece of sh*t.

I can't look at him suffering because of my dad, so I distanced myself from him even if it hurts me as his bestfriend. And that changed everything. He thought that I changed suddenly and I chose Kai over him. But I can't blame him because we didn't have even a single closure and I haven't explained myself to him.

Yes, I hurt him. But can't he look at my side too? I'm also suffering! I'm suffering while I keep distance from him and the only thing I can do is look at him from afar. He's like our favorite star that we can't reach so we just look at it's beauty.

And now that he changed, I can't explain myself. I know that he can understand my situation, but he will choose not to. I'm such an idiot for hurting him and then now I'm following him almost anywhere.

Now I'm asking myself, if I didn't agree being the queen of our university, I wouldn't be close to Kai. I wouldn't be hurting him. If my father didn't sabotaged their company and had been contended in his own, we wouldn't be experiencing this. I wouldn't go all the way from Seoul to Rome, I wouldn't shed any tears, I wouldn't have sleepless nights. But if these didn't happen, then I wouldn't realize that I like Taehyung.

Taehyung is clearly the one who is always on my side, listening to my problems. But I didn't even listen to his. Knowing his secret changed our life. We became strangers, from then.

"Jennie!" Rosé called me. I almost flinched, maybe she's calling for my attention since earlier but I was busy thinking. Reminiscing everything that happened is just like a nightmare to me. Now I just don't know if my life is screwed up, or everything is happening as it is.

"Jennie, gosh! I was calling you for a million times! What the hell are you thinking and it's so deep? And you're focused looking at Taehyung huh?" Rosé teased me. "By the way unnie, Jimin invited us at the backstage later. We'll have some party!"

"Uhm, I think I'm a bit exhausted, I think I really need to go home," I said, making an excuse. I even made myself look like I'm tired. Well to be honest, I'm really tired on the inside. But something's telling me to have hope for Taehyung.

"Whatever, Jennie! You're always like that. Let's just go!" Lisa and Rosé dragged me to the backstage. I know I'll just see Taehyung there, with So-Hyun.

"So-Hyun! You're going home already? We'll still have fun!" Taehyung said to So-Hyun but she resisted. "I'm sorry, I'm really exhausted from flight. But next time will always work! Bye!" She said.

Now it is just me, Rosé, Lisa, Taehyung, Jimin, and Jungkook.

"That's okay Taehyung, the three girls are here anyways!" Jimin said and smirked at Rosé who was looking at him. I smell something—

"Not interested," he said with boredom. Here he goes again, saying hurtful words without noticing.

"Whatever, Taehyung. Lisa and I will buy some soju!" Jungkook said and they went out. I can already feel the awkwardness in here.

"Uhm, we will buy some chicken too! Right, Rosé?" Jimin asked, mixed with some tease. Okay, so they are planning to leave me with this jerk here huh?

"What the hell Rosie?!" I made an angry face but she just laughed. I thought it will work on her because I don't want to be left in here with Taehyung. They went out already when I was about to protest again.

Heavy and awkward aura filled the backstage room. A small table are keeping our distance from each other while we are seating in a chair. In my peripheral vision, I can see Taehyung looking at me with his usual poker-face.

I want to be mad at him right now. I want to confess my anger, I want to shout at him! I want to punch him! But I know I can't. I just kept quiet.

"Are you jealous?" Taehyung suddenly said. Is he talking to me? Because he's not even looking at me... But, how dare him say that! He's f*cking jealous at Kai and Alexander before but I didn't shove it to his face!

"How can you say that? Are you that handsome to be worth jealous at?" I asked him. That was like equal to 10 slaps in the face. His jaw just dropped and he didn't make it obvious.

"Duh! Jennie, it's written all over your face earlier," he smirked, teasing me.

"You asshole! Okay, then YES! I'M JEALOUS! I'M JEALOUS SEEING YOU WITH HER!" I stood up, gathering all my anger. This isn't funny. But he's hell smirking at me.

"You're not even my girlfriend, so why are you jealous?" He stood up too, but kept a distance at me. Again, his words are like knives that stabbed me painfully. He's saying hurtful words without thinking it might hurt me.

"Then fine! I'm just your fan now right? Taehyung, we're bestfriends before! Why did you change all of a sudden?" I almost teared up but I didn't and shouldn't. I have to be strong in front of him.

"We're bestfriends BEFORE. And don't ever blame me. I've changed because of you."

********************

A/N: Advance Merry Christmas to everyone! Taehyung's birthday is coming😍

VOTE AND COMMENT
THANK YOU 😊