ONE

Jasmine.
I pour a bunch of cheerios into a bowl,add milk and push the dish across the counter with a smile on my face. "There you go,champ. Eat up."

"Am I going to school already?" She inquires.

"That's tomorrow. I have a class,so you'll be at miss Curly's. I'll be back before evening to spend some time with you."

"No,miss Curly is coming over. Jon too. You forget too quick," she corrects.

"Aaah that' s right,"I untie my apron and throw the empty box of cereal into the trash can. I'll need to remember and get her more of those. Rushing into my room,I pick up my bag and keys then walk back to the living room just as the doorbell rings.

"That must be them. Be a good girl now,I'll be back before you know it. I love you," I kiss her forehead.

"Same here,mom."
I open the door with a grateful smile,only to be met by his face.

"Not again!" I seethe.

"Good morning to you,Candy."

"What the- move,let's talk outside nutcase," I literally push him away from the house. Whatever brought him here,I'm not in the mood to listen. Neither do I have the time. "What are you doing here? I thought you didn't want anything to do with me? And my lies," my arms cross over my chest. "Pervert," I murmur when I see his eyes drop to my chest.

"I missed you. And you ran away the other day;I thought that maybe you didn't want me disrupting your work,so here I am." God,why does he have to be right here right now,looking like a snack and all.

"Leave,Mr. I have places to be," I walk past him.

"Can we talk for a minute? Please?"

"No. I'm running late for class."

"I'll drive you."

"Hmph," I remark and continue walking.

"Will you stop being so stubborn and listen to me for once?"
I laugh mockingly, increasing my pace so I'm almost jogging.

"Says the one person who couldn't even turn to hear me out when I most needed him to." My tone is now harsh and more begrudging than I'd planned it to be.

"Get your stubborn ass in the car Jasmine, because this may involve your...your kid."

"My baby?" I turn immediately. "What is it? And it's Evie,silly."
Without another word,he leads me to his car and doesn't even bother to open the door for me. Some gentleman you are,I scoff to myself and get in.
***
Hey lovelies!
Stay with me please, that was just the first chapter.