Chapter 1

It took another hour or so to get near the enormous castle that I had seen and, when I got closer to it, I've noticed that there were several smokes from somewhere near it and I was able to see various noises, which I assume is also where the smokes were located.

By now my wet clothes had been dried by the scorching sun, as well as my body which left me dehydrated and desperate for water. I've stopped from time-to-time under the trees to shade myself from the Sun, but only for a couple of minutes before I resume my trek.

I've got to get help.

I continuously repeated inside my head to motivate myself to keep going.

Finally, I saw the lines of the trees break which provides a clearing. My heart sped up as it was filled with hope and gave me enough adrenaline to run the remaining distance.

When I reached the end of the path, my heart sunk and I couldn't believe my eyes.

There were lines of houses and other small establishments scattered on the area, most of them damaged and there were smokes coming from some of the houses.

What happened here.

Suddenly, I had forgotten about my dehydration and my need to drink as the part of me that always, always want to help kicked in. I've been put in a lot of danger because of this personality of mine but, somehow, I never lose it.

Well, that's why you've became a firefighter, didn't you.

I continued walking down the path and walked to the house nearest to me; approaching the people in front of it which consists of two men, a woman, and a little boy.

When the man had seen me, a wave of relief had washed over his face.

"Oh, thank goodness, King Tristan had finally set a Knight to help us" he sighed in happiness.

A Knight?

A King?

I guess they have a monarch government here.

Which also makes me more confused as to where I am.

Am I in Europe?

I snapped out of my thoughts and turned to the man again when I saw that his aura has changed. He now looks... wary. He took a stepped back and pushed his wife and son to his back, as if he's guarding them from me.

"You're not a Knight, are you?" he asked slowly.

I'm a firefighter, but I guess that doesn't count as a Knight. I don't say.

"Do you need some help with your home?"

Apparently, it was a wrong move to ignore his question. The man didn't liked it and whispered to his family to move away before saying that they don't need any help.

That was weird.

Throughout my whole life, I was always told that I looked intimidating with my black hair and dark brown eyes, even more so when I started working out and had a built body. But I'm pretty sure that that's not the reason why that man had pushed me away.

Still, that didn't stop me from offering my help to others... even though they all had the same reaction as that man and pushed me away as well. Soon, I was hearing murmurs going around that an outsider was able to enter.

What does that even mean? Is there a rule here that foreigners aren't allowed to enter? Why do they seem so scared? I can't even explain the fear that I see on their eyes.