CHAPTER XLIX. Drowning

Lisa

I took off my clothes leaving only my swim suit. 

I flinch when I felt the cold breeze brush against my skin. I slowly dipped my body into the ocean full of hope that I'll see what I've been longing for.

I swam further and felt as one with the water. It's like I'm swimming in the sky with the moon and stars reflected on the water aesthetically.

I would enjoy this moment more if only Nini is here.

When I got far enough, I floated with my back. I watch the breathtaking heavenly bodies above. I relaxed myself in the water and every memory flashed inside my mind.

"I love you Jennie. The moon, the stars and the sea are my witnesses," I said and kissed her forehead. 

"I love you too,Lisa. The moon, the stars and the sea are also my witnesses," she replied and I felt her hugged me more tightly.

That memory kept repeating in my head like a broken tape. 

I closed my eyes and saw the moment we were making love on the shore. It was one the most beautiful nights I had. We were making each other feel loved under the bright full moon. 

I see her beautiful smile, her cat eyes, her adorable acts, everything about her.

I miss it all. I miss her so much and it's still breaking me. I don't show it to my friends but I'm still secretly dying with the pain from missing her.

God knows how badly I want to hug her, to kiss her and to never let go of her.

My tears started falling down mixing with the sea water. 

"Jennie Ruby Jane, my baby please come back now. I miss you so much. I really want to see you. I want to hug you so bad," I said while my tears rushing down.

"Baby, please," I said in between my sobs.

I stayed in the ocean for a long time calling her and saying things that I wish she could her. But there was still no Nini.

I decided to go back to the shore but I suddenly felt sharp pain on my legs. Shit! Leg cramps in the middle of the ocean?!

I tried to swim back to the shore but I couldn't move my legs. It feels like it froze. Oh my gosh I'm going to die!

"Help! help!" I called for help while struggling out of the water but I was still too far from the shore and no one will hear me.

I still tried my best to get out if the water. I paddled my arms even though my body feels heavy. I still want to see my Nini. I don't want to die like this.

After a few minutes of struggling, no one came for help. My body got tired especially my arms. I guess this is the end for me.

I stop struggling and I felt my body sank into the water.

"Nini, save me."

I kept repeating it in my head like a mantra. She's the only one who can save me right now.

"Nini, please. I need you right now."

I prayed that she'd hear me.

I felt my body got weak and my eyelids became heavy. 

But before I close my eyes, I saw something swimming towards me. 

My vision was blurry but I saw her. Nini, she has a tail or am I just having illusion before I die?

I felt her lips landed on mine. It's real, this isn't a dream. This is like a deja vu. I think this happened before. 

Whether this is real or not, I'm still happy that I got to see her right now before I die.

In just a blink of an eye, I lost consciousness as I lacked oxygen. But I was surely smiling.