CHAPTER XLVIII. A Year After

Lisa

It's been a year since I last saw my girl. 

Kai told me everything that he know about Jennie or Ruby Jane, that's her real name. Everything is clear to me now.

The first months without her was like hell. Every day, every hour, every second, every minute, I'm fvcking missing her like crazy. 

There are times that I want to give up but no, I still hold on to what she said in the letters. I will wait for her or if I couldn't hold it any longer, I will search the sea.

I'm a famous choreographer and dancer now with millions of followers. I'm also a successful photographer. I must thank my Nini because she always serves as my inspiration.

One day when she come back, she'll be proud of me. 

I still wonder how she's doing on the ocean. Does she miss me too? 

When I miss her, I couldn't do anything but to go to the sea behind our house where I found here and spend time there. 

I always take a swim every night hoping that she'd show up. I don't care if she's a mermaid or what even if she'll come back to me with a tail I'll still love her.

All I want is to see her, be with her and spend the rest of my life with her.

She said that mermaid only feel in love once. I think that applies to me too because even when she's gone, I never liked someone else.

Though many tried to ask me for a date, I always decline them. There's only one person or mermaid I wanna date and that's her. 

When she come back, I will never let her go again. I will show her how much I love her and I already learned my lesson. I will always know the truth first before I make a decision. 

"Yah Lalisa are you just gonna stare at your drink?" Slugs complained.

"Look the ice already melted," Irene added.

"Aish alright alright, you really don't know the word patience right?" I said and drank the soju.

We're just hanging out at my house since they don't have a schedule and so do I. 

By the way, Irene and Seulgi are already dating. After months of keeping her feelings for Irene, the latter eventually found out about it. 

We were happy when they finally announced that they're officially dating.

And Red Velvet is already one of the most popular Kpop Groups in the industry right now. 

"So when is your next comeback guys?" I asked them.

"Maybe in the second half of the year," Joy replied.

"Oh that won't be long."

"Yeah and we'll surely hire you again Miss Dancerist," Slugs said and they all laughed.

What's funny? That wasn't funny at all.

"You Chaeyoung, are you dating someone at the moment?" Joy asked Chaeyoung who was busy eating.

"Of course I'm not. Food is life you know," she said while munching on her fried chicken. 

We all laughed at her silliness and we continued drinking.

We're always like this when we have free time. We always hang out. Sometimes we have barbeque party, slumber party and sometimes just drinking. 

They also choose my house as the venue. 

Actually they've been there ever since Nini went back to the sea. They always stayed with me and they never made me feel alone. 

I'm really thankful to these girls because without them I might be crazy right now.

Somehow they manage to make me smile and helped waiting for Jennie became easier.

I really love them. They're the definition of best friends.

We drunk until midnight. We all got tired but I'm not that drunk. I can handle alcohol now but about the other girls, some of them are already lying on the living room.

I just laughed silently at their positions.

Irene and Seulgi are sleeping on the couch while hugging each other. I took my camera and stole a picture of that moment.

I'm gonna tease them with this.

Then, Chaeng was lying on the carpet while holding a chicken bone. Seriously? She fell asleep while eating? This is hilarious haha. I also took a picture of her.

Next to Chaeng was Yerim and Wendy. They're sleeping with opposite direction with each other. Wendy was already hugging Yerim's legs while Yerim was almost kissing the other girl's foot.

They're always funny whenever they get drunk. What an entertainment.

I took a picture of them too. They'll surely get embarrassed if they see these pictures tomorrow.

Joy was lucky that she wasn't drunk as well. She's on the kitchen right now drinking coffee.

I cleaned up the mess before I got out to the shore. 

This is the thing that I must not forget to do. This is like my routine, going to the sea and hoping to meet Jennie.

The moon is shining brightly right now and there are billions of stars. These reminds me of the night we spent here together and when we made love on the sand.

I hope this time, I'll be able to see her again.