We Made it Through

America's POV:

I don't know how long me and Maxon were in the safe room...

It helped to hear his breaths as the came and went...

Something close, to help me feel not so alone...

We stayed quiet for the most part...

Once in a while Maxon would say...

" Your still with me right?" 

" Yes," 

I was replaying every moment from the selection in my head...

How I never wanted to come...

How I yelled at him my first day...

Our first kisses...

This thing that I never wanted to happen, made me so happy, I wonder for how much longer...

It was an eternity before we heard the door click...

Maxon immediately jumped up, and was gonna protect me from any visitor that came in...

" Your safe Your Majesty-" a guard started.

"-Where is Officer Leger he said he was gonna come back for us?" Maxon replied.

" I don't know your Majesty," the guard said.

He couldn't be dead...

Aspen was a fighter...

A bullet was insignificant...

No bullet was taking down Aspen Leger...

Soon I was being rushed to the hospital wing and as doctors began looking at me I quickly blacked out...

Maxon's POV:

Once America was starting to be looked at by the doctors, she quickly closed her eyes...

She was hooked up to all these machines, it was painful to look at her like that, America was a fighter, she was gonna make it through this...

" What happened your Highness," doctors would ask me as they tried to examine me.

I pushed them all I way... 

They needed to take care of people that were in much more pain physically then I was...

Emotionally I need all the doctors in the world...

If the doctors can't save her...

One wrong mistake they make...

She could be gone...

If only I was faster...

She wouldn't have gotten hurt...

The doctors finally pursued me to put my arm in a sling.

" If I let you do that will you stop bugging me?" I asked.

" If that is what you wish your Majesty, then yes," one of the nurses said.

I couldn't take not knowing if she was okay or not...

So I started walking around the hospital wing...

I looked around to see if I particularly noticed anyone...

Was it good to not find them here...

A guard who was standing near the door looked as though he was scared for life...

" Excuse me," I said my education coming back to me," Is there an Officer Leger down here?" 

" Yes your Highness, right over near that window," he replied.

" Thank you Officer-"

" Avery," he reassured.

I made my way over to him.

" Hello, Officer Leger," I exclaimed.

" Your Majesty," he muttered with a nod of his head.

He had a cut that was bandaged on his forehead.

And a cast on his leg...

He too had been shot...

" Is Lady America alright?" he asked. His training coming back to him.

" She went into surgery, she isn't out yet," I assured.

" Can you tell me how she is when she gets out?" he begged.

" Of course sir, I know you to were very close," I hated the way those words sounded in my mouth.

" Your Majesty, I can assure you, you are the only one she wants, at one point we were both in love with each other, but it's not like that anymore, we are friends, and nothing more." 

" Thank you, I'm sorry I told you to go to New Asia to die," I recalled saying that when I went into a rage.

" Apology accepted your highness," he replied.

I started walking away, but then heard him say something...

" Can you see if Lucy is anywhere down here, I really can't walk?" 

Before I could say anything, Lucy came running through the door...

" Aspen!" she yelled.

" Lucy!" he said and sat up.

She ran towards him, and jumped onto his bed, kissing his face all over...

I slipped away, and I don't think they noticed...

I went to go check on America...

When I got there they started rolling her out of the room and into a different one...

" She's alright right?" I shouted.

" Yes your Majesty, the surgery couldn't have gone any better." Dr. Ashlar responded.

I ran up beside her bed...

Once she was rolled into her room for the time being, I grabbed a chair and put it right beside her bed...

I wanted to be the first one their for her when she awoke...

Some doctors informed me about her condition, and said she might have a hard time remembering things that happened after the incident, but I didn't care...

As long as she woke up, and I could marry her, it didn't matter to me...

" Your Majesty, we didn't want to tell you this because we knew you were stressed about Lady America, but Your Father and Mother both died during the attack, we are very sorry for your lose, but we want to congratulate you on becoming King, we know you will do a great job," Dr. Ashlar said.

My heart sank...

I was so worried about America...

My Mother, I loved her so much...

What was I gonna do without her...

How did I almost lose the two people I loved most at the same time?

And my Father, he was harsh toward me, but he was still my Father...

He trained me to be a King...

Though most of the time I didn't listen to him, his ways sounded harsh...

I realized the only way I was gonna get through this was if I had my America in my arms...

Then the machines that she was hooked up to started beeping...

Soon many doctors were in the room and all I could do was watch...

I can't lose my America...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SO how'd ya like it? I'm trying. These are all probably grammatically incorrect, just don't judge plz! There is probably only gonna be a few more chapters unless I want to make more 👍idk yet. But feel free to comment any ideas you might have! Longest chapter yet over 1000 words!!!