012

Layla was annoyed with Tom. She couldn't believe he was trying to help Max in getting the baby from Charley.

When she woke that morning, she made her way downstairs. She saw Rachel sitting on the sofa and smiled. "Morning."

"Hiya love. You okay?" Rachel asked as she stood up. She walked up to her daughter and smiled. "Do you want some breakfast?"

Layla nodded and smiled. She sat down on the sofa. Tom had Polly for the night. Rachel sighed. "Charley has been on the phone in tears. Max is after the baby and he said Tom is helping him."

Layla was fuming. She wasn't going to let Tom help Max. "We're going to help Charley keep the baby. No way is Max Tyler getting his hands on that baby girl."

Rachel nodded.

***

Layla arrived at Charley's flat. Charley let her in. She sighed. "Max is being a jerk again. He said he's going to see his lawyer. I don't even have a lawyer so I'm screwed," she said.

"No you're not. Me and mum are gonna help you. You're not going to lose your little girl," Layla said.

Charley shook her head. "No. No one can help me. Max has the means to take this baby and raise her. I can't lose my baby," she said.

Layla smiled. She knew what she had to do.

***

Layla and Charley went to pick up Polly from Tom's. Layla wanted Tom to see the damage that Max was causing to Charley and change his mind about helping him.

The two of them walked into the house. Max stepped out of the living room. Layla was fuming. "What's he doing here?" She asked.

Tom sighed. "We're talking. He's possibly returning to the school."

"Yes. I want to be able to provide for my child. Hello Charley. How are you?" He asked.

Charley said nothing. She turned to look at Layla. "I'll wait in the car for you. I don't want to be around him," she told her cousin.

Layla nodded. She watched as Charley walked out the house. She turned back to look at Tom and Max. "Do you realise what you're doing to her? She's broken. She isn't happy at all. She's miserable."

"She's miserable?! That is my daughter she's pregnant with and I'm not involved in the pregnancy. Tom is helping me with my rights."

"Screw your rights. You hurt her in the worst way possible. She's better off without you," Layla said.

***

Tom pulled Layla into the kitchen. He glared. "You need to wise up and stop what you're doing."

"Oh please. What am I doing?"

"Helping that scumbag try and get custody of the baby. You need to stop it," Layla warned.

"Or what?"

Layla glared. "We'll be done. You'll see Polly one day a week and the weekend. I will literally end you."

Tom walked towards her and glared. He pulled her into his arms. "You wouldn't dare."

Layla pushed him away. "Just watch me."

***

Tom sat in bed that night. He wasn't going to let Layla blackmail him. He was going take Polly from her.

But would he get away with it?