〰Chapter 21〰

Harry watched his roommate as he concentrated on his essay.

He watched the furrow in his eyebrows. He watched the steady way his fingers gripped the quill. He watched the swift way the quill was gliding over the parchment. He watched how Draco would bite his lip when he was contemplating changing something. He watched the way the blonde looked up at him and the concentration relaxed away as he smiled.

Harry grinned back goofily before leaning in close to kiss the blonde's cheek. He watched fondly as a color of red sprouted on the blonde's face and smartly ignored the scowls and gasps from the people that were scattered in the library, most of them only there to watch the two.

Harry laid his head on his arms that were flat on the table and turned to rest on his cheek so that he could continue watching the blonde. He took off his glasses, set them aside, and slowly his eyes started drooping. Before Harry knew it, he was taking a nap.

Draco didn't realize when he was on the very last paragraph of his essay until he let down the quill to crack his knuckles.

His gaze landed on Harry and he smiled softly. Before thinking about it, he reached out to thread his hand in the Gryffindor's jet black hair.

Harry reacted to the touch by shifting closer to the warmth and Draco took that as a sign to continue his ministrations.

A small smile appeared on Harry's face his face when Draco started speaking, "Harry."

Harry only hummed and so Draco repeated himself, "Harry, get up."

"Mhh, are you done?" Harry spoke groggily, rubbing his eyes.

The Gryffindor sat up and stretched, everything a bit blurry.

"No." Draco replied, grabbing Harry's glasses. He slid them on his roommate's face and spoke softly, "No, but you have quidditch plans. You should go."

"But you're not done." Harry yawned as his vision became sharp again.

"I only have one last paragraph to do, I'll catch up with you in a minute." The blonde replied, shooting the ladder a reassuring smile.

"Ok, if you're sure." Harry replied, getting up.

The raven-haired boy leaned forward to kiss the blonde's forehead, "I'll see you later." He muttered against the blonde's skin.

Harry's breath against his skin made Draco shiver and he smiled as Harry's retreating figure walked out of the library.

The whole library seemed to still as the boy who lived left for a second before the silence was broken by the spitting out of heated hexes.

Draco squeezed his eyes shut, awaiting the contact of the pain, and only opened them when he realized the jinxes never came. 

He noticed the glowing blue that surrounded the table he was sitting in and smiled to himself. Trust Harry to cast a 'Protego Maxima' around him before leaving.

When the students finally got fed up with their hexes and jinx's not doing anything, they gave up and left the blonde alone to finish his essay.

The Slytherin has just finished editing and revising and deemed his parchment an 'O' level, when he gathered up his things and left the library, feeling a bubble of content surrounding him.

He headed to the quidditch pitch and smiled at the red and gold that flashed above him.

Wow.

Who would've thought that he'd ever smile at something remotely related to Gryffindor.