〰Chapter 18 〰

Harry laughed as Draco softly swatted his arm.

"You're an absolute twat, you know that?" Draco asked, rolling his eyes as they walked through the corridors.

"But you love me for it." Harry replied.

Draco felt his smile drop as a blush crept on his cheek, "Harry..."

"Relax, I'm just kidding." Harry replied.

"Don't joke about that." The blonde mumbled as they continued walking.

"Why?" Harry asked.

The Slytherin didn't have a reply so instead, he fixed his sight to the ground and continued walking.

"Why?" Harry pressed.

Draco ignored his roommate until the Gryffindor stubbornly made them both stop walking.

"Draco, it's been 2 weeks since I've told you about my feelings-"

"Don't call them that." Draco cut him off, squeezing his eyes shut.

Harry rolled his eyes, "Well what else do you want me to call them?! It's how I feel!"

The blonde opened his eyes to see Harry's irritated expression, "We've talked about this already, Harry. Maybe- maybe you're just exploring like you said you didn't know your sexuality so-"

"Are you actually telling me how I feel about you?" Harry snapped.

The blonde blushed, "No, I- Harry I'm with Anthony."

"God damnit! Don't you think I know that already?! You remind me of it every five seconds! Every time I say something remotely close to what happened that one night. You remind me of that every time you push my hand away or worm your way out of a hug. You won't even let me sleep with you anymore!" Harry winced at how that sounded out of context but continued, "Even if you're having a nightmare and having a full-blown panic attack!"

Draco felt his face flush in embarrassment, "Harry, please. You're creating a scene." The blonde said, looking around at the students who stopped to look at them.

Harry seemed to notice them too because he lowered his voice, "Look, I know you're with Anthony, but who do you want to be with?"

Silver orbs meet emerald and the blonde felt something stir in his stomach, "I-I'm- I'm with Anthony." He said, stubbornly.

Anger flashed through Harry but he quickly masked it up, "But do you want to be with him?" He asked before turning on the spot and walking away to his class.

Draco looked at Harry as he walked away until the Gryffindor turned the corner.

"I'm with Anthony..." Draco mumbled as he found a spot on the floor very interesting.

*****

Shaklebolt stoped at the blonde's table and put the Patronus quiz facedown, disappointment and disgust flowing from his body.

The Slytherin felt his stomach drop.

He didn't want to turn it over as his palms felt clammy and heavy in his lap. He remembered to breathe.

Shaklebolt finished passing out the graded parchments and returned to the front of the classroom.

"You may look." He said in his chilling voice.

Unlike everyone else, Draco didn't snatch his test right away. Instead, he watched how the Patil twins high fived each other from the corner of his eyes.