〰Chapter 13〰

Days passed by and Harry never brought up a word about what he had overheard that afternoon in the infirmary. He kept the conversation to himself, unknowing that he was tearing himself apart slowly.

Harry refused to come to terms that he had what seemed like a teeny, tiny, minor crush on his roommate. Ok, so maybe it was something more than just a small schoolboy crush but come on, anybody would react the same to Draco sodding Malfoy. Besides, there was nothing he could do about it. He had Anthony, and even though Harry hated to admit it, Draco was happy with his 'supposed' boyfriend.

Looking back to the day where he had made his recovery from Greyback's attack 3 weeks ago, Harry smiled sadly.

Harry awoke from his slumber yet again and bit back a groan when he realized the earlier events were not in fact part of his dream. As he turned over to his side, he lifted his hand around to reach for his glasses without opening his eyes but with a sigh, he didn't feel the familiar wooden surface of his nightstand.

Harry heard a low chuckle that was familiar and close to him and fought hard to not crack a smile. He opened his eyes to peer into those familiar features of his roommate but blurry because of not having his glasses on. Harry felt his breath hitch at the proximity of the beaming blonde who was crouching down near Harry's bed in the hospital wing.

"Merlin, your eyes are impossibly bright." Draco spoke, earning a grin from Harry.

Harry pushed back up using his own elbows to sit up but let out a groan. Draco's eyebrows raised and he moved to help his roommate up.

"Are you ok? Should I get Madam Pomfrey?" Draco asked as soon as Harry got situated up on the bed.

Harry shook his head, "No need, I'm all good. I just need my glasses." Harry replied, looking around.

"Here."

Harry heard Draco's voice and his breathing accelerated as he felt Draco's soft, nimble hands slide Harry's own glasses onto his face. Harry didn't realize he closed his eyes until the blonde's hand's left his face. The raven-haired boy hastily opened his eyes again and Draco's unfocused features became visible. Scratch that, Draco's gorgeous features became visible. Harry's stomach churned and he finally understood the phrase 'butterflies in one's stomach'.

Harry pushed back those thoughts and feelings aside as he noticed the small mark that etched from just under the blondes chin down to his shoulder.

Harry frowned as he reached up to the colored bruise, "Is this from Greyback?" Harry asked, feeling guilt wallow up in his gut.

Draco shrugged Harry's hand away, "Er-no. Word got out about what happened with Greyback and I guess people thought I led you into a trap or something."

Harry felt his frown turn into one of outrage but before he could say anything Draco spoke up first.

"But really, it's nothing I haven't gone through before, and besides you're the one still in the infirmary." Draco said, shooting his roommate a reassuring smile.

Harry shook his head, "But Draco, this can't go one, they're deliberately hurting you and it's not right. The war is over for Salazar's sake!" He said, exasperated.

Draco smiled sadly and patted Harry's hand assuringly, "It's ok, nothing I can't handle."

Harry let the subject go when he felt the warmth from the pale hand spread to his. But as soon as the feeling came, it left for Draco had removed his hand and sat down beside Harry on the bed.