Chapter 4 - Betrayal

Start from the beginning

"The Republic certainly thinks so, Lord Tyranus...but it is as you requested, when we have what we need from the Republic, they will be cast aside." He coughed once from the smoky spice and relaxed back in his chair. The effects of the spice lightening his inner tensions of Tyranus' presence.

"Good. That is good." Tyranus started. Lom looked up, knowing that a request was coming. "I too have nearly gained what I require from the Republic for the time being, however, there is one final task you must perform. One that will secure our plans for solidifying the Pykes control of the Underworld..." Tyranus hung on the final word, knowing this would peak Lom's interest.

"And what exactly would you have the Pykes do, Lord Tyranus?"

* * *

The blue glow of hyperspace in the cockpit disappeared as the T-6 shuttle exited hyperspace in Oba Diah's orbit. Sifo-Dyas steered the ship through the supply lane into a palace priority lane that took them speedily towards the surface. Silman sat next to Sifo-Dyas in the cockpit chair and hailed the palace as they descended through the atmosphere. This is a lot smoother than that farmer's transport Sifo said to himself, almost forgetting what a smooth flight had been like.

"This is Silman. Chancellor Valorum's personal aid. I am here with Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas to conclude the Republic's negotiations with the Pykes." Silman said through the microphone, his voice high and resolute. The comm crackled as a reply from the surface came through.

"Welcome, Silman. You are cleared for docking on platform two-b." The croaky voice finished and disconnected the communication. Silman smiled at Sifo-Dyas sarcastically.

"Well at least they've let us land." Silman chuckled with Sifo.

"Not much faith in the Pykes?" Sifo-Dyas asked.

"Well, I've never known them to be the most hospitable of beings." Chuckling again they cleared the dark grey clouds and descended quickly to the mountain palace. Just below them a solar sailor was dockin on platform two-a, as they continued across the palace to dock in the next platform along. The shuttle's wings swung horizontally as the ship landed and the ramp descended allowing them off the ship. A procession of Pyke guards and a Pyke envoy at the head of the procession. Silman disembarked the ship first, followed by Sifo-Dyas. As Sifo stood at the top of the ramp, the cold mountain air of Oba Diah rushed through him with a sense; a horrible sense. He couldn't find the origin, but he knew that this was the dark side. He tensed and took a deep breath preparing himself for what lie ahead, and something he was sure was.

He continued down the ramp and over to Silman who was greeting the Pyke envoy, his cloak on and hood lowered.

"Thank you, Minister Koraly. The Chancellor was very happy to accept your invitation. I look forward to speaking with Lom." Silman said eagerly as Sifo-Dyas approached. "Allow me to introduce Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas, who is here to assist with the negotiations." Silman said, gesturing to Sifo-Dyas next to him. The Pyke envoy: Minister Koraly bowed his head in greeting.

"Master Sifo-Dyas, an honour."

"Like-wise, Minister." Sifo-Dyas replied hastily, noting the familiar spice exposure croak to his voice. Sifo closed his presence in the force, dimming his abilities to the lowest amount to prevent a force from being able to detect him. I have to be careful. I do not want to warn whatever is here that I too am here. But I must find out what it is and warn the council, and not impede the negotiations as best I can. Sifo planned, as the Pyke procession turned and guided them in the palace.

Silman observed the dark metal architecture of the palace, no one spoke on their journey through the halls. Sifo-Dyas remained silent next to Silman, trying to locate the source of the disturbance without exposing his own presence too much. A guard came quickly down the corridor ahead towards Koraly who was at the head of the procession now. Stopping and whispering something in his ear, Sifo felt Koraly grow concerned as a great fear came over him. What is happening here? Sifo thought. Suddenly the guard was leaving, and the two lines of guards parted to allow Koraly to approach Silman. Sifo-Dyas drifted to the side slightly, allowing himself to slip out of sight if required.