Hanoko

Time passed quickly. Soon enough, July rolled around, which meant that I had been living with the Bakugo family for 2 months. I had alternated between training with Eijiro and Katsuki almost everyday in preparation for entrance exams. I also had frequent nightmares, but it wasn't too bad because Kazumi always came to calm me down.

       At one point, Kazumi managed to squeeze when my birthday was out of me. I insisted that we didn't have to do anything, but on July 22nd we ended up going to an arcade for my 15th birthday. 

       I had never been to an arcade before. Mom wasn't too big on things that normal people considered "fun". It wasn't nearly as bad as Mom claimed it was! Kazumi and I played lots of games together and I beat him at almost everything. The only exception was Pac-Man.

       Katsuki and Eijiro decided to drive home, but Kazumi and I wanted to walk. The sun was setting as we strolled down the street. The sky was an array of pink, purple, and orange. The light hit him perfectly, somehow making him even more handsome than before. We came across a small pond and decided to take a break and sit on a nearby bench.

       "Hey Hanoko?" He sounded nervous.

       "Yes?" I replied.

       "Is there anything that would make you hate me..?" I looked over at him and saw a little fear in his eyes. I had no clue why he seemed scared.

       "Not that I can think of." I was a little afraid of why he was asking.

       "Then.. can you look at me for a second?" His voice shook a little as I turned my head. I looked into his beautiful blue eyes as he grabbed my face and kissed me. I was a little shocked at first, but soon kissed him back. "Hanoko, I-I think I'm in love with you.." He seemed a little out of breath.

       "I love you too, Kazumi." And with that he pulled me back in for another kiss.