Introduction and Rules

Have you ever wondered if people are truly enjoying your story or had doubts if it's good or polished?

Keeping in mind the struggles of the writing community, Olympus Community are delighted to present the Scrolls of Olympus Book Club.

We aim to build writing confidence through constructive feedback which encapsulates all the aspects of writing. Just don't be rude while commenting, else you are out. Period. Easy peasy.

You should follow the OlympusCommunity and our book club admins Nablai and MarizaHaris as well as our community admin WondaGal. Add this guide to your reading list so that you receive regular updates. Join the Scrolls of Olympus Book Club server on Discord so that you can meet and interact with other members and are up to date on important announcements.

Rules:

- We are inclusive of all genres and themes(mature and LGBTQ+ included).

- Your story must be in English with a minimum of 5 chapters.

- Prologues and epilogues with more than 1K words (1000 words) count as chapters.

- Each assignment consists of two weeks. You have to read two chapters of your team-mates story.

- You have to write a minimum of 3 inline comments of 3-4 sentences per comment. And one final review containing of 5 sentences. Each comment must start with #SOLYBC

-Tag Nablai and MarizaHaris in the form in the third chapter of this book when you have completed your assignment with the name/number of the chapters.

- We at the Olympus Community believe critiques must be handled skillfully. Here a are a couple of pointers while giving your final review:

1. Keep it positive.

2. Encourage the writer and comment on what can be improved.

3. Talk about your feelings when reading the chapter. How and why the characters relate to you, the scenerio makes you feel.

4. Critique the writing, not the writer. Remember to see the good and bad points in a story. We practice constructive criticism, not hurtful.

We all have started somewhere.

- Please remember to ask for an extension incase you are unable to complete your assignment. Extensions can be asked 3 days before the deadline ends. You can PM  NablaiMarizaHaris, or WondaGal on Wattpad. Let someone know about your unavailability instead of just disappearing into the void and getting a strike in the process.

The admins will send a reminder PM to complete your assignment 48 hours before the deadline ends.

- Assignments should be completed before 12pm/23:59 EST on the fifteenth day.

- Failing to complete your assignment will result in a strike. Two strikes and you are out.

- Last but not the least, we'd appreciate(and love too!) if all of our members join our Discord server, so we can chat and interact with each other. And it's better for any announcements or updates regarding the book club. The link is listed in the external link area of this story and in the description on the OlympusCommunity profile.