N A T A S H A

You here to check on Tony's bear?
- Natasha Romanoff

× × ×

Living my life the way I did, I knew that this world have a lot of beautiful things to offer. It isn't just the people, it is nature itself. And now, another one to add to my list is the sunset in Wakanda.

I watch the sun as it slowly hides from the horizon, spreading its beauty into the bare sky. Rich hues of crimson blended perfectly with oranges, purples, and yellows-and it looked like those rays were meant to be in an artist's canvas, a golden work of art. I let the beauty engulf me completely as it transports me into a timeless existence where I'm simply drifting through the air, witnessing everything yet unseen.

But even that isn't enough to keep the memories of earlier at bay.

"What's happening to me?" I asked the doctor as I stared at him the eyes.

When I woke up in my room in Wakanda, I wasn't expecting that I'd find Steve holding my hand in his sleep. He was sitting in a chair that looked small for his size and he was in a position that didn't look comfortable at all. I woke him up with a small smile on my lips as I raked my fingers through his golden hair. The memories of what happened between us were still etched in the back of my mind but I'd rather not reminisce about it.

After recovering and finally getting settled, that's when the rest of the team came barging in. Apparently, Steve and T'Challa thought that it was necessary to contact the wizard when I still didn't wake up after 3 days; and it wasn't long until the genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist found out about what happened, too.

Now, we're all gathered here in my room, trying to find out exactly what's going on with me. I can still remember everything that happened that night before everything turned black. I can remember my fight with Steve, checking up on Vision, the mind stone's composition falling apart, and it circling me as it brought me into the air and pierced right through me. The series of events that's taking place is giving me a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach and I intend to find out what this all means.

"When the infinity stones are in the presence of each other, they become the strongest, most powerful instruments anyone can use. And each stone, it is always kept at a distance, always kept hidden—it is always guarded and is always protected. Now that the mind stone has been detached from its owner—the creature who holds power over it—it must find somewhere else to be treasured, some place else where it can be contained," he explained carefully as he conjured representations of which stone is being kept or guarded by who or by which place.

"That still doesn't explain why the mind stone did what it did to her," Pietro said as he crossed his arms.

"As we all know, Ms. Romanoff is now the soul stone and with that being said, you must understand that she is no longer human, she is an entity—an entity we've never faced before. And now, with the mind stone choosing her, she isn't just the soul stone anymore, no. She is that and the mind stone, but still so much more," the doctor answered slowly as he tried to gauge our reactions. "At this point, she has become another version of the infinity gauntlet Thanos used to have, a weapon of mass destruction."

"What are you trying to say, Doctor?" It was T'Challa who asked.

Strange locked eyes with me, "It means that whenever an infinity stone does come to the surface or loses its guardian and gets close to you, it will enter you and it will consume you, and you will be that stone along with the others," he told me seriously. "You can and may become the infinity stones."