23 | dirty little secret

Jensen hadn't known it was Christmas until Miles was knocking at her hotel door because they'd agreed to spend the morning together. Miles had shown up in a Santa hat and they watched the first Home Alone movie before going to work. Jensen had found a comfortable spot against his side once again as a gift to herself. Her and Miles had agreed that they weren't going to do Christmas presents moments after Keira had announced their filming schedule. If they'd had to shop for presents, they would've spent less time together and neither of them wanted that. Especially when if they had, it would've meant bustling around busy shopping centres searching for something they might not have found.

            Keira started off the day with an apology that they had to work on Christmas, but she promised they would be done earlier than usual. Jensen assumed that was mainly for Holly's sake, but she appreciated the gesture too. Her days were starting to blend into one another.

            Holly was still Holly. Even on Christmas. Jensen witnessed Miles find that out the hard way.

            "Did you get anything cool from Santa this morning?" Miles had asked.

He'd been actively trying to stay on her good side the entire time they'd been filming. Was it because he wanted a good relationship with the girl playing his daughter? Sure. That's what he would claim to anyone who wasn't Jensen. He mostly did it because he wanted to figure out if Holly's determination was hers or her parents. Miles knew what that felt like.

            "I'm seven years old, Miles," Holly had said. Crossing her arms, in defense mode.

            "Okay..."

            "I know about Santa," Holly said. "My mother got me Michael Caine's Acting In Film."

            "Oh." Miles had nodded his head. "Is that good?"

            "It's great."

            "That's good then."

            "We should run over lines later."

            "Whatever you want, kiddo. Sounds good." Miles had practically sprinted over to Jensen when he was done talking to Holly.

            Jensen and Miles only had a couple scenes together, which meant most of his time was spent trying to avoid Holly and her shop talk. Miles mainly watched when Jensen was filming the scenes on her own. She was filming one of the end scenes, one where her character was in her own shop after winning the game show. Her character didn't feel happy, not really. Because her and Jason, Miles' character, had fallen out before the end of the reality show. Keira had prompted her by saying, "You won. But at what cost?"

            When Jensen was done, Keira said that they could have a half hour break before they filmed the last scenes for the day. It would have been a longer break, but Keira didn't want them staying late on Christmas.

            Miles had found the catering table decorated with various desserts and treats. His back was facing Jensen as she walked up to him. Looking around, Jensen made sure no one was watching when she bumped her hip into Miles'.

            Miles turned in her direction and his face dropped. "What the fuck?"

            Jensen frowned. "Excuse me?"

            It took her a second to realize Miles was looking above her. Over the top of her head. Jensen heard him gulp. "Dad?"

            Jensen turned around and saw a man standing a couple metres away. Shoulder-length grey hair with not a strand out of place, wrinkles etched into his face that somehow still looked soft, a clean shaven face. The silver age of Hollywood oozed from him. Jensen knew who Robert Walker was. She just didn't know how intimidating he was going to be standing in front of her like he owned the place.