17 | take me, baby, or leave me

The scones were every inch as delicious as Miles had said. Not an ounce of exaggeration. Melt in her mouth, perfect level of sweet and savoury. Jensen could see why Dayna and Miles had been so excited to eat after having their small visit with Bram.

            Bram bid them a happy good night when Dayna said they should let him get back to work. Before they left, he shoved Scone With The Wind hoodies at Dayna and Jensen who "looked like damn popsicles" outside the bakery. Jensen happily pulled the zip-up on because she was, indeed, freezing. (She made a mental note to blame Liberty for that.) (Elliot from ET would've been just fine in the early morning air.)

            Miles had eaten enough scones that he deemed himself worthy of being able to drive his car again. Which Jensen was completely fine with because he at least seemed to know where he was going. Dayna still sat behind him so she could kick him if need be.

            The karaoke bar wasn't too far away. Miles found a stall close to the front door and backed in expertly. Swinging the keys around his finger, Miles led the way to the door and held it open as Liberty, Dayna, and Jensen stepped through.

            Dayna walked up to where a podium was, smiling at the woman behind it. She requested a private room for a couple hours and paid before anyone could protest. The worker led them down a hallway and through a door, smiling and telling them to enjoy themselves after quickly explaining how to work the machines.

            "Dibs on first song!" Dayna yelled as soon as the door closed behind the worker. She grabbed Liberty's hand and dragged her over to select a song.

            Miles leaned close to Jensen and whispered, "Ten bucks says she picks Kiss by Prince 'cause she's Vivian Ward."

            Jensen laughed and leaned near Miles' ear. "I don't take losing bets."

            Miles grinned. "Didn't take you for someone who would."

            "If I'd taken it," Jensen said, "would it have been an American ten or a Canadian ten?"

            "American," Miles said. "There's already a Canadian ten here."

            Jensen felt her cheeks redden and she pushed her curls behind her ear.

            "Sit down, shut up." Dayna held her fist in the air and slowly lowered it in front of her face like she was in the middle of an intense ballad. "And bask in our glory." She pressed the button the worker had instructed them to use and ran up onto the small stage. She joined Liberty, who handed her a microphone.

Jensen and Miles walked over and took a seat on the large couches that were set up in front of the stage. The couch was large enough that the four of them could have fit comfortably without feeling like they were cramped together.

            Miles had to clamp his had over his mouth to keep from laughing when the introduction to Kiss started playing. He pulled his knees up to his chest and muffled his laughter from her with his legs. Jensen could easily hear him laughing and fought her own. She definitely heard a couple small snorts come from him before he pulled himself together.

            Dayna and Liberty were performing Kiss like they were at Madison Square Garden. Liberty blew kisses to them as she sang and Miles and Jensen clapped and whooped and hollered while they performed. When Dayna finished, she held her arms out and bowed as though she was the lead in a play and roses were being tossed on stage at her feet.

            Liberty, on the other hand, held her arms out at her sides and yelled, "Are you not entertained?"

Jensen hadn't really expected anything less.