22 | may the force be with you

"Hello?" Jensen rolled onto her back after pressing her phone to her ear. Her voice was raspy.

"Did I wake you up? Rhodes, it's eleven o'clock."

"How are you already awake?" Jensen asked. "I was planning on sleeping for at least another hour."

"You're going to sleep our day off away?" Miles asked. "Where's your sense of adventure?"

"I left it in Vancouver."

Miles let out a dramatic groan. "Come on."

"Come on yourself," Jensen said. "Who's awake at this hour?"

"Almost the entire population of Los Angeles."

Jensen pulled her blankets higher. "Can I go back to sleep?"

"I'm going to be there in ten minutes," Miles said. "You better not."

"That sounds like a threat."

"A threat to what? You sleeping for twelve hours?"

"Yes." Jensen threw her forearm over her eyes, trying to block out any light that might make it harder for her to fall back to sleep.

"Good. Get dressed. We're adventuring."

"Oh-kay," Jensen said as she flung the blanket off her legs. "I'll see you soon."

"See you soon, Rhodes."

When Jensen hung up, she let out a groan. Before getting up and brushing her teeth quickly. She dragged her feet from the bathroom to get to her suitcase. She'd showered the night before with the intent of sleeping until noon because Keira had given them Saturdays off for filming.

Rummaging through the case, Jensen pulled out a plain white t-shirt and a black zip-up hoodie. Digging through to find some bottoms, she grabbed a pair of pyjama shorts with white and blue stripes. The same kind of fabric that could be casual shorts. But also the kind of shorts that might buy Jensen another hour of sleep. Worth the risk.

Slipping off her pyjamas Jensen quickly changed into what she would be wearing for the next foreseeable twelve minutes before Miles gave in and let her go back to bed for the day. Hopefully. Preferably. Not that Jensen didn't want to spend time with Miles. Just not at that particular hour. She checked her phone once she'd gotten dressed and pocketed it and her wallet. Staring at her glasses, she pursed her lips. Was she going to have to read? She grabbed them and tucked them on the collar of her shirt. Slipping on a pair of shoes before leaving the hotel room. Walking down the stairs took no time at all and the concierge greeted her kindly as she left the building.

Jensen leaned against the side of the building as she waited for Miles to pull up and head to the parkade. It took only a couple minutes. As Jensen pushed off the building, Miles rolled down the passenger window as she walked up to the side of the car. It was Hanson that day.

Jensen leaned on the edge of the door, arms inside the vehicle. "That was eleven minutes."

"Sorry for stopping at the red light. It's kind of the law."

"That's fair I guess."

"Fair by the state of California too." Miles took a sip of a coffee in the cupholder. "Are you getting in, PJs?"

"You still want me to get in in my pyjamas?" Jensen asked, standing slightly straighter.

Miles laughed. "Did you think that was going to scare me away?"