Chapter Six: We're all a little bit stupid

Elizabeth fixed her hair, then gave herself another look over. She was dressed casually; black skinny jeans, doc martens boots, a white t shirt and her black leather jacket. Checking her makeup one last time, she grabbed her bag and rushed to the front door. Steve-O was waiting.

She said goodbye to Ava -David was still asleep- and left.

She spotted Steve-Os black car and hopped in.

"Good morning." She said hesitantly. Steve-O smiled at her. "Where are we going?" She asked, turning the car heating on. He drove away.

"The set is at this farm, we're probably going to be shooting paint balls at each other or something."

"Won't that hurt?" She asked worriedly.

Steve-O felt his heart flutter. "Yeah, but it's ok. This is our job E, we'll be fine."

She nodded, unconvinced. There was a moment of silence. Elizabeth's stomach growled. Loudly.

She could feel her face burn. "I'm sorry, I didn't have time to eat.."

Steve-O laughed. "Lucky for you, I'm not as dumb as I look." He felt around his feet and pulled a McDonald's bag out. "There's a sausage&egg mac muffin and a caramel latte for you in there, and some hash browns and hot chocolate for me."

"Oh Steve-O..." She said, excitedly grabbing her food and drink.

It was his turn to blush. She had a bite of her mac muffin and drank some of her latte. She sighed happily.

"This is delicious, thank you." He smiled, eyes still on the road. "How long will I be at the set with you?"

Steve-O thought for a moment.  "...All day?" He asked hopefully.

"Okay, that sounds good." She turned and looked out of the window. "I'll buy dinner then."

***

The drive had taken around forty minutes, for which they just talked and laughed together.

"God, you're so wild." Elizabeth laughed shaking her head,

"We're here now," He grinned pulling up outside a house.

"Where's the farm?"

"Around the back." She nodded before getting out the car. She followed him around the back and gasped. "Steve, this is a bull farm!"

Steve-O just grinned at her. "So no paint balls then?" He joked. She shook her head smiling and followed him.

"Hey Elizabeth!" Chris waved to her, jogging over. "How's your ankle?" He asked, winking. Steve-O looked confused but she just smiled.

"It's fine, you were right Dr. Chris. Nothing serious."

"Good to hear." He winked again patting her on the back.

"Why, if it isn't Ms.Elizabeth." Johnny grinned joining them.  He slung an arm around Steve-Os shoulders. "It's a shame we didn't get a proper chance to talk, due to Stevie's little tantrum!" Steve-O shrugged him off.

"It's alright, it was actually quite sweet how you were looking out for him."

"Well, here at Jackass we're very sweet." He laughed, winking.

"Let's get this sketch over with people!" A large voice boomed, from near the camera crew. Steve-O grinned and threw his arm around Elizabeth.

"This is where the magic happens. This will be Bam's, Johnny's, Chris and Preston's bit."  He took her over to the side.