chapter eleven

unedited

unedited

Asuna and Asta stared at the new creature, Jimmy, for a few seconds until it attacked making both of them dodge out of the way. "Asuna, take the girl and get out of here!" Asuna glanced over at Asta, hesitant to run away. "Are you sure?" 

"Yeah just go! I got this" Asta flashed Asuna a smile before dodging once again. Asuna sighed, she had to believe in Asta. As Asta resumed his fight, Asuna ran to the girl and grabbed her hand. "Let's go, okay?" Asuna smiled at the girl reassuringly before running off to get help. 

The two had been running for a few minutes when Asuna heard her cry. Asuna glanced around making sure there were no enemies around before kneeling to the girls' height. "Hey, it'll be okay. I won't let you get hurt, promise." In her moment of distraction, Asuna didn't notice the zombie coming closer to her until it swung an arm to attack her. 

Instead of defending herself, Asuna held the girl tight to protect her from harm and braced for impact. 

"Butterfly Magic: Pysbeam!" Asuna loosened her grip on the girl to look around. Her eyes landed on a girl flying in the air, two wings keeping her up. She had long purple hair and was dressed in a Golden Dawn robe. Asuna stood up as the girl landed on the ground, her wings disappearing. 

"You okay?" The girl asked, her eyes trailing onto Asuna's robe. Asuna sighed, already knowing what to expect. This girl was obviously of high status if she was on the Golden Dawn plus Asuna had to be saved by her. Asuna knew it would be mere seconds until the girl started to mock her and spill nonsense of how she was a "weak commoner". "I'm fine" Asuna mumbled under her breath. 

"Great! I'm Freya Lupton! It's nice to meet you!" Asuna's eyes widened in surprise. "You're not gonna call me weak?" 

"Of course not! You were talking to the girl and got distracted, happens to all of us! Plus I can sense your mana and you're really strong! Also-. Hey wait, have you been crying? Are you okay?" 

"It's nothing." The girl known as Freya stared at Asuna for a few seconds trying to figure her out before shrugging and looking around. As she did, the sky brightened. Asuna smiled to herself figuring Asta must have taken down the man. 

"Man, I gotta find Yuno. I'll see you around!" Asuna turned to the girl in surprise. "You know, Yuno?" 

The girl turned back to Asuna with a smile. "Yep! You know him too- Wait! Are you Asuna!" 

"Y-yeah." 

"I've heard so much about you! It's so nice to meet you! Anyway, I gotta find Yuno, wanna come with?" Asuna glanced down at the girl still holding her hand, though now the girl was smiling. "I'll be fine on my own! Thank you!" Asuna paused for a second. "Are you sure?"

"Yep. Alright, be safe!" With that, the girl ran off to safety. "Alright let's find Yuno" 

"Great! Do you have a transportation spell? My butterfly wings only work on myself."

"Yeah. Do you have a locator spell?" The girl shook her head. "No, but I can find him" 

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

Asuna was grateful when she finally made it to where she sensed Yuno's magic, mostly because the purple-haired girl refused to stop talking. Though Asuna felt her stomach turn when she realized Yuno was at the kitchen of the castle, exactly where the Wizard King was. The thought of having to face him again made Asuna feel sick but she ignored it and instead focused on finding Yuno. 

When the two girls landed inside the whole in the kitchen they saw Yuno passed out on top of Charmy, who held a plate of food. Freya's smile fell slightly, an action that didn't go unnoticed by Asuna. 

"Mana magic: Mana recovery!" Asuna let some of her own mana be drained and flow into Yuno, making a light surround both of them. Slowly, Yuno's eyes fluttered open. "Asuna...Freya" He muttered out. 

Freya opened her mouth to respond but closed it when a butterfly landed on her shoulder, instantly catching her full attention. Her eyes widened as she turned to Asuna. "Asuna, Asta was taken by the enemy." Asuna eyes widened and before anyone could stop her Asuna took of running towards where she knew the Wizard King would be. 

"Wizard King!" Asuna called out once she finally found him walking with Marx. "It's Asta, he was taken!" 

"I know, I'm going to save him right now, so don't worry." 

"Take me with you! He's my brother, I have to help save him! I can't do nothing." Asuna called out desperately. She didn't care about her ties to the Wizard King, all she wanted now was to bring back her brother. The Wizard King placed a hand on top of her head. "I'll bring him back, don't worry El-. Don't worry Asuna" Before she could respond, the Wizard King had removed his hand and began walking in the other direction. 

────── {.author's note .} ────── ⊰ 

PLEASE READ!!!!!

so this story is officially off hold! writing butterfly effect, the spin off to this story, brought back my motivation to write. though it has been awhile so if i wrote asuna out of character please forgive me. i have to get used to writing for this story again. 

also, please note, that as of now this chapter hasn't been edited so please excuse any typos. 

finally, freya is the oc of butterfly effect, the spin off to this story, she will be making many appearances in this story and asuna will be making many appearances in that story so for more information about freya please check it out!