chapter four

Asuna smiled widely as she watched the Black Bulls. They were just as rowdy as she expected, and she loved it. There were boys fighting, a girl practically naked and unbelievably drunk, and a girl stuffing her face with food. A boy was obsessing over his sister and a scary-looking guy in the back. "I'm Asta from Hage Village! I'm a Black Bull now too! Someday, I'm gonna become the wizard king!" Asuna frowned as she looked over at Asta, who seemed a little disappointed that no one was paying attention to him. 

"Quit breaking stuff already!" Asuna glanced over to her captain, who had made a giant hole in the wall, contradicting himself, but she decided not to say anything. "Captain!" Everyone shouted as they ran over to the captain. "Shut up, will ya?" Everyone sat down in front of the captain. 

"My name's Asta from Hage Village. It's really nice to meet everyone!" Everyone then turned to look at Asuna waiting for her introduction. "Me? Oh, I'm Asuna from Hage Village. I grew up with Asta" 

"There are other members of course but some are on missions or on leave or I don't know. Think you can play nice, newbies?" 

Asuna stood across from Luck, hands tucked into her pockets

Asuna stood across from Luck, hands tucked into her pockets. She tied her hair into a ponytail like she normally did when she was about to fight someone. She glanced over to Yami, a bored expression on her face. "Do I have to do this? It seems like such a drag" Yami glanced down at Asta who looked excited. "What's up with that?" 

"Oh, Asuna's crazy powerful and barley ever loses and when she cares about someone she puts them before herself. But she can be really lazy sometimes" 

"Why would she become a magic knight if she's lazy?" Vanessa asked. Asta thought for a second but couldn't come up with a reason. Asuna always kept quiet when Asta asked why. 

"Yes! I haven't had a good fight in forever" Asuna sighed and pulled her grimoire out. "Fine" Happy was still sleep in Asuna's shirt. Even if he was awake Asuna doubted he would help her in the battle. "K' here I come!" Luck came over quickly, lighting covering his arms and legs. Keeping her feet planted, Asuna dodged each one of his attacks. He laughed as he kept trying to land a hit on the newbie. Luck was very invested in the battle but Asuna was ready for it to be over. "Sky magic: wind wing attack" With the swoop of her arm, Luck was sent flying back by a gust of wind. Luck stayed on the ground for a few seconds before jumping off of the ground, laughing. "No one has hit me like that in a while! You're lots of fun new girl!" 

Luck came charging at Asuna again, ready to attack. Asuna simply sat down. "Sorry, but I don't feel like fighting anymore" Ignoring her Luck came charging at her again. "Mana magic: mana restraint" Luck found himself chained to the ground and no matter what he did he couldn't move. Asuna turned to Yami with a bored expression. "So are we done now?" 

"Yeah sure, whatever" Asuna released Luck from her chains. "Aw man, that was just getting good!" Luck groaned. "If I ever feel like it, I'll fight you again."

"Dude, you're sister is crazy strong!" Manga said from beside Asta. Though Asta wasn't paying attention because one question was still on his mind, why did Asuna want to become a magic knight?

 Though Asta wasn't paying attention because one question was still on his mind, why did Asuna want to become a magic knight?

"Hey, Vanessa. Can you take me to Asta's room?" The two had just finished Asuna's tour of the Black Bulls hideout and while Asuna knew she should rest, she rather see her brother. Vanessa smirked as she threw an arm around Asuna's shoulder. "Why you two have something planned?" Asuna shook her head quickly with wide eyes. "No no no! Asta's like my brother, we grew up together!" Vanessa frowned. "How old are you? We need to find you a boy" 

"I'm 16 but I don't want a boy" 

"I'll find you one. Anyway, I'll take you to his room, come on." 

After a long walk, Asuna found herself outside of Asta's room. Happy rested on her shoulder pulling on her cheeks. "I'm hungry, Asuna!" Asuna handed the fairy her jar of air and knocked on Asta's door. He swung it open with a smile. "Hey, Asuna. I was writing a letter to the church." Asuna smiled at her brother. "I miss them. It's kinda lonely having a room all to myself now" Asuna sat on Asta's bed careful not to mess up the sheets. 

"You know, you've never told me why you wanted to become a magic knight." Asuna smiled, glancing up to the ceiling. "I want to be the first-ever Wizard Queen." 

"You want to be the Wizard Queen! You know that makes you my r-"

"Having a rival is too much work. Besides you already have Yuno. How about we both just promise to do our best?" Asta smiled. "Deal."