chapter nine

"This is such a drag" 

The battle in the dungeon had ended and now the mages were being summoned to the Royal Capital. After the mission, Asuna wanted nothing more than to curl up in bed with Happy and take a well-deserved nap. But instead, she found herself heading to the Royal Capital with her fellow Black Bulls and the three Golden Dawn members. Neither of the Black Bulls paid attention to her complaints as Asta gushed over the size of the Royal Capital. 

"She was probably shocked to see how much shorter your arm is than what she imagined it to be" Yuno commented after Mimosa ran away from Asta. Asuna knew better and figured the girl just had a crush. 

Asta instantly starting with Yuno but Asuna held him back with one hand. "Asta, calm down. Yuno stop antagonizing him. Gosh, you both still act like little kids." Asta stopped and pulled back slightly. 

"Sorry" 

"Sorry" The boys mumbled at the same time. "All good." 

"What's up with all the moaning?" Klaus asked causing the three kids from Hage to turn to the two girls. Who seemed to be freaking out. "Maybe they have headaches." Asuna shook her head. 

As the group arrived at headquarters everyone froze. Klaus immediately went down on one knee. Soon, the cousins followed suit leaving only the Hage kids standing. "He's flashy. Who do you think this guy is?" 

"You idiot. This is none other than the current Wizard King, Sir Julius Novachrono." The two boys faces shifted to shock while Asuna was still frozen in place. Klaus forced Asta to his knee. Yuno took a knee before glancing over at Asuna and seeing her expression. He grabbed her hand and pulled her down to her knee. "Sorry" She whispered, eyes still fixed on the Wizard King. 

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

Asuna watched the Wizard King walk out. After debating for a moment she decided to go after him, ignoring Asta's calls for her to stop. 

"Wizard King." He turned around to meet her gaze, "Sir." She added on, suddenly a bit intimidated. Even though she had just seen him act like a little kid with the way he was so amazed by magic. "Why," She paused for a second trying to get the right wording, "why our mana so similar? And why is mine drawn to yours? And why do I feel like we've met when we never have" 

"I figured you'd be able to sense that. You are your mother's daughter, after all." Asuna's eyes widened in surprise. "You-you knew my mother? Please, tell me her name!" 

"Your mother went by the name of the Golden Mage. You may have heard of her." Asuna's eyes widened in shock. Her brain felt like it was going a million miles a minute trying to process the information. "No-no that's not possible. I was given up for adoption when I was barely even a month old. There's no way-" 

"Asuna. Your real name is-" 

"No. My name is Asuna. I grew up in Hage village. You can't-. You can't just say that without an explanation!" Asuna didn't even realize that she was crying. She couldn't tell exactly why she was crying. Maybe it's because she now knew she had a birth family. She wasn't the same as Asta and Yuno, not at all. The two boys born as nothing but now working their way up. Because now she knew she was always at the top. Saying she was working her way up would be a lie. Or maybe it was because she now knew that she had a family and they gave her up. Maybe he would tell her it was for her safety or to keep her protected. But Asuna didn't want to be protected. She wanted to know she had a family other than the one at Hage. She wanted to be held by her mother when she was crying. And she wanted her father to teach her magic. But now she here she was, nearly sixteen, meeting her father for the very first time. 

The Wizard King walked up to her and placed a comforting hand atop her head. "Your name is Asuna. But originally you were Princess Elena Novachrono" 

"Wait, she's the long lost princess?" Marx said from behind the two. "I'll explain everything but first-" The Wizard King was cut off when the building started to shake around them. "The Royal Capital is under attack" Asuna took one final look at the Wizard King. "I have to find Asta and Yuno" Her tears were gone now and the only thing that remained was a look of determination. The Wizard King hesitated for a second before simply nodding his head. Making Asuna take off to where she left her brothers. For now, she would have to push all thoughts of the Wizard King and the Golden Mage out. 

────── {.⋅author's note ⋅.} ────── ⊰ 

i have been planning this chapter for so long!! don't worry asuna's backstory will be explained soon. thank you for reading!