First and Last Dinner Date

(LISA'S POV)

It was now lunch time. I was now heading to Jennie's office since she offered me, well more like forced me to have lunch a while ago.

I was about to enter her office when Somi called me out.

"Oh hey Lisa! Erm, sorry you can't go in, our VP is still inside." Somi said.

"What does he want now?" I murmured.

My blood boiled with the thought of Kai and Jennie in the same room. Damn it!

"When do you think they'll be finished?" I asked Somi.

"I dunno 🤷🏻‍♀️, VP arrived just a while ago." Somi said.

"Oh mmkay." I replied.

"Do you have plans for lunch, Liz?" Somi asked.

"Umm, yeah I do sorry, with Jennie." I said with an awkward smile.

"There's always a next time." I added and genuinely smiled at her.

"I'll hold on to that next time then." Somi replied with a smile.

I texted Jennie that I was now outside her office. And I reminded her that it's already lunch time.

After how many minutes. I couldn't help it anymore. Curiosity is bugging me. I couldn't help but to quietly peek from the entrance doors of Jennie's office.

What are they even talking about? Maybe it's about business stuff? Or what if Jongin is hitting on my Nini again? Argh!

This is what I heard...

"Kai, i'm sorry but I have plans for lunch already." Jennie said.

"Well, then how about a coffee after your plans?" Kai replied.

"Umm... sorry no." Jennie said.

Yeah! Serves you right Jongin!

"Dinner? C'mon just one date? I'll stop bugging you, I promise." Kai attempted to ask again.

This guy just won't give up huh!

That's it! I'm going in!

"Hey Nini! Let's go have lunc... oh i'm sorry I didn't notice you were talking with someone." I said barging in without knocking, pretending that I didn't notice Jongin inside.

They both turned to face me. I see Jennie giving me a gummy smile when I entered the room and maybe a hint of relief? While for Kai, well his face is so pissed right now. Haha! I gave him a little smirk.

"Oh no no, our talk was nothing important anyways." Jennie replied.

"I'll go ahead then." Kai said while heading to the doors.

"You go do that." I said, still having that small little smirk.

"Asshole." Kai murmured but I heard him. Well, he probably wants me to hear it.

I watched Kai leave the room. Haha! That's right! You can never score with my Nini! Never, I tell you. Not when i'm around. I say inside my mind.

"Oh just wipe that smug look off your face." Jennie said, interrupting my thoughts.

"Huh?" I replied.

"Don't you think I did not see your little smirk while looking at Kai?" Jennie replied, with one eyebrow up.

"Umm... I don't know what your talking about." I said, still denying what she's accusing me of.