SHAWN AND TURNER- Ch. 1/P. 1: Stop Running.

~Check out my new book cover! Creds to -followtheleader-. You should follow them ;) or at least check them out! :D

Trigger Warnings of spanking:

A/N: Okay, so I ever so slightly changed this first chapter, because I was bored and I can

A/N: Okay, so I ever so slightly changed this first chapter, because I was bored and I can. Not entirely sure if I will be updating the rest of the chapters or not, depends on if I like the flow. I want to make sure the plot makes sense and at least is consistent somewhat. Anywho—thanks for reading! (Fun Fact: When I first started writing this book, I had a fear of scaring readers with bad words like "shit" and so on lol. Now I don't give a shit. If it offends you, I imagine you can just move on. But you will notice that some words are censored in later chapters and some aren't. This is why.)

Shawn, wiping sleep from his eyes, groggily plopped down the stairs, awaiting the smell of John's infamous chocolate chip pancakes.

"Hey, buddy. How was your sleep?" John smiled so wide that it made his entire face glow. His cheeriness was almost too much for Shawn. Shawn was not a morning person.

"Whatever," Shawn grumbled, barely opening his eyes.

"Last time I checked, 'whatever' is not a descriptive word. I was looking for, I don't know, something like 'good' or 'so-so'." John smirked at his own wit.

"John, I'm just tired, okay?" Shawn sat on the stool in front of the island. He rolled his eyes and sighed as he picked up a chocolate chip pancake and took a ravenous bite from it.

"Have you ever heard of a plate? C'mon, Shawn, you know better than that." John placed a plate in front of Shawn, trying to hold back his own annoyance. They exchanged irritated glances. "And once you're finished, I expect to see all of your homework in my hand. I won't let you go to school with homework half-done."

Shawn groaned, then stuffed the remainder of the floppy pancake in his mouth, before standing up. He rolled his eyes again but gave John a thumbs up to humor him. John jokingly lunged at Shawn, making him startle and dart up the stairs.

The man chuckled to himself as he finished up his own breakfast. "Teens and their 'tudes."

Shawn, combing his wavy hair, stood frowning at himself in the mirror, displeased about everything, especially having to go to school and fake a smile while everyone else just floats through life without a care. A stroke of realization hit him. "Who says I have to go to school? John's not my dad. Hell, I'm my own man! Yeah...Yeah..." Shawn suddenly lit up with excitement and gathered a few essentials for the road. He checked the clock. "Oh no. I better go now, or it'll be never."

Shawn had finally found a way to hike himself out the window and down the multi-story apartment building, with some old-fashioned rope (especially since the old fire escape had been broken for some time).

Yes. Freedom at last.

Without a second thought, Shawn hopped on John's motorcycle and tossed the helmet to the curb. 'Wow. That worked. I'm shocked that John didn't hear the sound of me speeding off. I guess I didn't really look...Oh well, off to find my real dad,' he thought. 'He'd be so happy I came to visit.'