Chapter Sixty-Seven

ابدأ من البداية

Kate walks over to the group, her eyes training on me.

"When you fought me a while back, my power didn't hurt you, do you mind if I test the theory," Kate asks, reaching out her hand.

Bella steps forward, worry covering her face.

I turn to Kate, biting my lip, "Sure."

She lifts her hand up gripping my wrist tightly, blue sparks of electricity fly from her into my skin.

I stand there, not phased in any way, "Well, that was exciting."

She releases my hand, "It doesn't make sense, you're not a shield. And yet your immune to my power."

"You both twins aren't you?" Eleazar asks, pointing at Bella and I.

I fold my arms across my chest, "What's that got to do with anything?"

He smiles, "There's a chance that you both share each others gift."

I blink in confusion.

"Bella was able to conceive as a human due to Emily's gift. And Emily is immune to some people's powers because Bella is a shield, protecting her sister from birth."

Bella looks at him, "That's ridiculous. Surely that's not possible."

I roll my eyes, "Please, Bella he's saying that since we shared the womb we are able to subconsciously use each others gifts. Like we're bonded together or something."

Bella glance over at Eleazar, "..."

Eleazar smiles, "In a way...Yes."

I grin turning to my sister, "High five, Bella."

I gesture to copy my actions, "Don't leave me hanging."

She shakes her head in disapproval, but raises her hand. Giving me a high five.

I playfully punch her shoulder, "Shame I'm still stronger than you."

She rolls her eyes pushing me into Emmett, "You know you never did let me throw you of the house."

I chuckle, while everyone else stares at us like we're insane.

»»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««-

I sit down on the sofa, next to Rose who clutches my hand anxiously.

"When Aro wants someone from a coven it's never long before evidence turns up proving that coven committed some crime," Eleazar informs us, glancing over at creepy vampire dudes, one and two.

Bella rubs her head, "So he's done this before?"

Eleazar nods, "It happens so rarely, I never realized it was a pattern."

Carlisle sighs, "Apparently he always pardons one person whose thoughts he claims are repentant."

Eleazar agrees, "This person always has an ability. And they're always given a place with the Guard."

I freeze on the spot, my eyes looking over at Edward, who catches my gaze.

Edward sighs, "This is all about Alice and Emily. He has no one like them.

Bella glances at me, "Which is why she left."

I speak up, "And why Jasper left me, obviously to find a way to stop the Volturi from taking me."

"Why does he need witnesses?" Emmett asks getting back to the main topic.

Alistair walks behind Rose and I,"To spread the word that justice has been served. After he slaughters an entire coven."

Suddenly a man stands up, "Benjamin, Tia, we're leaving."

Edward turns to him angrily, "And where will you go? What makes you think they'll be satisfied with Alice and Emily? What's to stop them from going after Benjamin next? Or Zafrina or Kate or anyone else with a gift? Anyone they want. Their goal isn't punishment, it's power. It's acquisition," He sharply inhales, "Carlisle might not ask you to fight, but I will. For the sake of my family. But also for yours. And for the way you want to live."

The room falls into an uncomfortable silence.

Breathing steadily I stand to my feet walking over to my brother-in-law, "I'll help you protect our family."

Bella then walks over to me, holding hand a determine expression on her face.

Jake takes a stand, sharing a glance with Edward and I, "The packs will fight. We've never been afraid of vampires."

Tanya raises to her feet, along with her family, "We will fight."

Garrett smiles, "This won't be the first time I fought a king's rule."

Benjamin turns to me, "We'll join you."

His father, I assume, instantly shakes his head "No."

Benjamin holds his hand up, "I will do the right thing, Amun. You may do as you please."

Slowly one by one each of our friends stands to their feet. Charlotte and Peter staring at me intensely.

"That didn't take much," a dark voice whispers clearly entertained.

Edward throws him a dirty look, "Let's hope it doesn't come to that."

I growl, "Regardless, if Aro thinks he can take me or my family he's got another coming."

Edward places his hand on my shoulder, "None of us will let that happen. Especially Jasper."

"And if Aro kills him to get back at me..." I mutter.

Edward sighs, his mouth partly opening but no voice leaving.

"That's what I thought."

Bella turns to me, "Em, you can't kill Aro. The Volturi will sentence you to death."

I roll my eyes, "And it would be worth it because without Jasper I'd never be able to survive."

"And Matthew?" Bella blurts.

I bite my lip, completely forgetting about my baby boy, "If it is the only way to make sure he lives a long and fulfilling life then...then that's what I'll do."

I twist my ankle, turning away from my family's stares immediately exiting the house. Tears falling down my face uncontrollably, as I fight my body against the oncoming stormy breakdown that was looming.

xxemsy2510xx