¤One¤

Downton Abbey - The Library

Lady Grantham gazed at the image on the wall. It depicted a facinating countryside scene but. However the various symbols and pictures within pictures emplied a deeper meaning. Mr Bricker smiled as he watched her digest the paintings beauty. But he only saw her beauty. Her accent echoed in his mind whenever she spoke and she was all he thought about. If only she was not wedded to that ungrateful boar that thinks he owns everything. Robert was stuck in the past and didn't respect anything his wife did. Mr Bricker loathed this ignorent attitude and made himself a promise. If the Crawleys marrige ever broke up, he would treat Cora with the utmost love and respect- if she would let him.

Marrige was an awkward barrier between would be lovers like Cora and Simon. Every day Simon created another excuse to see Cora but it was not always very believeable. Robert was in no way happy about such meetings and made a lot of his wifes decisions for her. Simon would never do that. 

London

One day Simon and Cora were in London looking at art. As they stood before a masterpiece Simon ventured to take Cora's hand. She let him and smiled. They stood closer together now and the passerby would presume that they were married. 

Later as they walked back to the hotel Simon put his arms around her and she leaned into him from the cold wind. There was a romantic feel to the air when they sat down for dinner. They chatted about art and politics and the past.

After the meal they walked back upstairs intending to part at their bedrooms. Suddenly Simon couldn't wait any longer. He cupped her face in his hands and kissed her. She kissed him back. Cora didn't care about Robbert or Mary or her mother. She loved Simon and he loved her. He loved her for her. For her personality and everything in between, not just because she was a rich american. She felt like Edith had about Michael Greggson. Marriage vows were irrelevant. Simon hands slid down to her waist and waited there as they continued kissing. Simon pushed the door behind him open and they found themselves in Cora's bedroom.