31: The boy

Mulai dari awal

That bitch, she wants Naruto to hate you. Hahaha, you're screwed.

Huh...yeah she does, doesn't she?

I've come to the same conclusion, as well.

"You're insane!" The boy yelled at Mai, he was angry and deep down really afraid.

"Insane?" She questioned, "I set you free, your fate is completely up to y/n," she easily lied.

The boy scoffed, "How could you do something like that?! You care so much about how that boy thinks of you," he pointed at Naruto, "that you'd have me killed in secre—" his mouth was covered.

"I think that's enough," you told the boy.

Naruto scrunched up his face, "What was he talking about?"

Mai made a small face of worry when he said that, "I-I don't know, Naruto-Kun!"

Naruto turned his attention towards you, expecting a good answer, you shrugged.

Mai's village and the hidden leaf were on shaky terms, you knew you couldn't break it...even if it meant killing a child. You looked at the boy, he was struggling to get out of your grasp, you sighed. "I'm sorry kid," you said so only he could hear you.

"Argh, you're just as crazy as she is," he growled and continued his attempts to hurt you.

You ignored the kid, "I'll take first watch, Naruto. You two should get some rest," you advised them and walked towards a more tree crowded area.

"N-no! Don't leave me with her!" The boy yelled at Naruto, he was getting desperate.

Naruto walked towards you, still confused, "Hey, y/n! What are you going to do with the kid?" He asked.

You avoided eye contact, "What has to be done."

You walked away without saying anything else, ignoring the small boy's protests and Naruto's confused expression, as you did you caught Mai with a small smirk on your face. You gritted your teeth, you really didn't like the girl, she was...just terrible.

You walked for a while, you were procrastinating and you knew it. The boy yelled and screamed for you to let him go but you ignored him.

Fuck fuck fuck, I can't....I-I can't

Oh shut up and do it!

He's a kid!

Eh, either way, is fine with me. If you don't do this, that girl will run to her father and that's the end for the village hidden in the leaf and that's fine by me.

Your heart pounded, Kanashimi was right, you had to do this...for the village. You looked over at the boy, he was trembling, you snapped your head back forwards, you couldn't bear to look at him.

The first step of killing someone, dehumanizing them. It's hard to take a life of someone who has done nothing wrong, someone, that you can relate to, especially if they're a child. So you had to somehow convince yourself that he's far from human, a pest that needs to go.

You tossed the boy to the ground, he scooted away until he was leaning against a tree. "Argh! H-hey! What are you going to do?! Don't tell me you're going to listen to that crazy girl!" He yelled, tears streaming down his eyes, you could see that he was trying very hard to not break down.

You sighed and refused to look at him; it would only make it worse.

"Speak to me!" He yelled in a desperate tone as if he knew he could get to you if he just spoke.