[𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟿]

[Two years later]
[(Y/N) POV]

It's been 2 years since I've begun training with my father. In the span of those years, I've gotten sharper with my techniques. Currently, I'm standing forward to my father in a small area. This was the last day of training. We stood, not moving, for who would make the first blow. Father made the first move to strike. He proceeded quickly to swing his sword upwards then downwards towards my skull. I prevented it by moving towards the side, barely managing getting struck. Now, making my first attack while he had still had his sword down. 

'Breath of spirits: Second form, Ghostly strike'

I twisted my blade sideways and targeted his hips. Getting my blade a few centimeters closer to his hips, his blade blocked mine.

"You pass, " father announced unexpectedly.

He stood up and placed his sword back in its sheath, so did I.

"Wait, hold on! That's it! I don't need to cut a boulder in half!" I yelled, eyes, and mouth wide open.

He nodded and walked away back to the house. I wanted to dwell on what the fuck just happened, but my mind told me not to.

'I wonder what Tanjiro is doing?'

I overlooked above the trees and the sun still hung in the sky, but it didn't melt the snow. I then headed up the snowy mountain to find Tanjiro. With my walk on the mountain, I finally arrived at the boulder. Tanjiro and two additional people were here. A girl with a floral kimono and a fox mask hung at the side of her head, while a mysterious masked individual had his sword unsheathed. I stepped towards the girl and tapped her shoulder.

"Hey, do you know what is going on here, " I asked.

The girl turned around to looked up at me. While looking at me, her features were like a doll. She had lengthy black hair with aqua eyes that shined brightly.

"You must be (Y/N). Were trying to help Tanjiro cut the boulder in half. I'm Makomo, " she replied with a gentle smile.

Gazing at the standstill again, the mysterious person and Tanjiro didn't move. Until they both moved, Tanjiro strikes first, slicing the man or women mask. When the broken mask fell, a boy with a scar on his right cheek and unusual light pink hair was shown. And behind him was a boulder cut in half. During the contact, it started to snow.

"Who is that boy, Makomo?" I asked her.

"That's Sabito. The one that's been training Tanjiro, " she responded.

I looked at her, but she was already gone. I felt a hand on my shoulder unexpectedly, twisting my head, I saw Mr. Urokodaki.

"You should head back to the house. Your parents are waiting for you, " he indicated.

I nodded and sprinted down the mountain, passing the small area where most of my training began. Little ways down, the house came into view. I entered the door to be greeted by my parents. A crow was also their standing on my mother's finger.

"(M/N), you have a mission in the Tokyo area. There is an assumption Muzan is there. Head there when the sun rises tomorrow, " the talking crow cawed, before taking off.

'Did a bird... Just fucking talk?'

My parents stared at me like I wasn't allowed to hear what the bird was saying.

"Your leaving, " I mumbled, not making eye contact.

Mother let out a sigh. Father pointed at a seat for me to sit. I listened to him and settled where they both could face me. I still didn't look at them, but the floor.

"Yes, I have to leave for a mission. But I promise to immediately come back once Final Selection is over. Remember, I never break a promise, " she clarified while bringing her hand below my chin, making me look up at her calm face.

She brings the same hand and puts it on my head, patting it. Father wrapped his arms around us protective, showing how much he cares then words. The moment ended when my other two favorite people came through the door.

"Your home. Today's a special night, so I'm gonna make a special dinner," mother announced, getting up and starting to prepare her ingredients for our mysterious meal.

Tanjiro went to his and Nezuko's room, while Urokodaki sat near the small circle where we would have our meal. Then Tanjiro exited the room, holding something in his hand. The seat next to my mother was taken by him. He had changed in the 2 years. He had very long hair that dangled freely instead of putting it in a ponytail. Even my hair was longer than his.

"Tanjiro, are you gonna cut your hair?" I was about to ask, but he was one step ahead.

Luckily he already brought clippers and a towel. He brought a bundle of hair and cut it until it was back to its modern length, then repeated to other bundles till they were the same length. The cut-off hair landed on the towel not leaving any mess behind. We sat in silence while we waited for the food.

"(Y/N) can you start the fire, please? Dinners almost ready!" mother exclaimed.

In the middle of the minicircle, newly placed wood was held together under a bamboo pot holder. Near it was flint and steel, I grabbed them and jerked them together near the wood. The crackle of the flint and steel brought a spark which then turned the wood ablaze. Mother came with a large pot and linked it to the bamboo, making it set slightly above the fire.

"Hope you enjoy it. Take as much as you like there's enough for all of us, " mother declared before getting five bowls, pouring the contents into each bowl.

She gave each one of us a bowl of her stew. I took my bowl and thanked her for her wonderful food, before gently eating the meats, vegetables, and then drinking the broth. Everyone ate in silence until everyone was satisfied with their fill.

"Oh, I almost forgot to give you your present. Here, I wanted to give this when you went off for the Final Selection. Don't open it until you get back, " mother said, bringing out a small box and handing it to me.

Urokodaki excused himself from his seat to a closet where a neatly folded cloud-patterned jinbei was. Next to the closet was a cabinet, he slid the door and grasped a fox mask just like what Sabito and Makomo had. He walked towards Tanjiro and handed it over to him.

"What's this?" Tanjiro asked about the mask.

"It's a warding mask. I've charged it with a spell to keep you from harm, " Urokodaki explained.

"Alright, we should go to bed. Y'all have a big day ahead. Tanjiro don't forget about your mess," Mother said.

"Right!" Tanjiro agreed.

All of us took off from our seats, cleaning up our messes, and evacuated to our rooms for the night.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Alright, so your gonna be mad at me in the next 1 or two chapters.

But I'm gonna be taking a slight break. Cause I wanna update my other books. I don't know how long I'm gonna be gone. Hope to be back soon!

See you next chapter!!