[𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹]

-[(Y/N) POV]-
(Time-Skip)

As I walked back to the house, the sun still shined. When I got to the room, my parent spoke softly after hearing the door open. They looked at me with determinaton when they go on missions. Their swords hung below on their belt.

"Honey, we're off to find our demon. It's made his move to a house in the mountains. We'll be right back, " mother vowed.

She lifted her hand to my head, patting it for reassurance. I gazed at her with fear. All she did was kiss my forehead. Father always didn't like promising, it was bad luck for him.

"promise?" I said.

"I promise. Love you, don't ever forget it, " mother encouraged.

Mother and father left to defeat the demon and save the town. I interlocked my hand together, praying for their safety. After what felt like minutes, I decided I needed to help them. For my 6th birthday, they bestowed me with my own sword, that was the happiest days of my life. It was a regular sword but had a panther head engraved on it. I wondered around the room, almost destroying the area. Then I found it under my pillow just for safekeeping.

Rushing out of the room, I set my objective on the mountain.

(𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎-𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚙)

When I got to the base of the mountain, somehow it was about to turn dark. In the distance, I could hear someone call my name, it was the boy I met today, wasn't his name Tanjiro.

"Hey, (Y/N) what are you doing here?" Tanjiro said trying to catch his breath.

"My parents went up on the mountain looking for something on this mountain. Now I'm looking for them, " I said.

"We should probably go look for them, huh, " he suggested.

Before I could reply, he already started to hike the mountain. I pursued him so he could stay out of trouble with demons. We started having small chats about random things. In the distance, a small cottage with its lights appeared. Getting close to it, an old man came out from his window to speak.

"Tanjiro are you going to the up the mountain? It's dangerous at night. Why don't you stay here for the night with your friend too?" he said.

"No thank you. We better head up the moun-,"

"No buts. There are demons out here In these mountains, " he replied quickly, his eyes had a serious look yet terrifying one.

He closes his window, unlocking the door for us to enter. Tanjiro easily went to the door of the stranger or one of his relatives. I stayed where I was not wanting to go inside but keep looking for my parents.

'They're gonna be fine. Right?'

I trusted my instincts and headed inside the house. Inside a pot filled with food, hung above the fireplace. My stomach ached for the nutrients since I haven't eaten all day.

"Before two of you came, I was about to eat dinner. There's plenty for the three of us. Here, " he extended his hand to a bowl, pouring the stew.

After pouring, he gave me the first bowl. Then grabbing another bowl, pouring it the food, giving it to Tanjiro.

"So, granddad Saburo, what are these demons like?" Tanjiro asked, already finishing his stew in mere seconds.

The old man placed his left hand on his left knee, helping him stand. He walked over to a closet, in it was an extra futon. Then he spoke fixing the futon while he positions it right.

"They are man-eating demons that prowl around in the darkness. That's why I told you to stay here. Sorry, I only keep the spare futon. Tanjiro after your done eating go to bed, " he said.

"It's fine. I'll sleep on the floor," I replied, quickly scarfing down my food so I could get a good night's rest to find my parents.

Saburo turned off the lights, signaling to go to sleep. Tanjiro left the bowls and climbed into the futon. Where I was standing, it was a good spot to rest my back on the wooden wall. Finding a comfortable place, I started to nod off to sleep.

I didn't have any dreams tonight just pure darkness. The next morning, the birds chirped giving a sign the sun has risen up. Freeing my eyes out of its slumber, Tanjiro was beginning to get up.

"Good morning, Tanjiro, " I mumbled, whipping my vision to become clear.

I pushed my body off the wall nearly feeling I broke my spine. Stretching the muscle-up felt reliving for my back. Saburo was still sleeping. When Tanjiro was done packing his stuff, we tiptoed to the door silently opening it then closed it when we got out.

"Okay, let's go, " he said going back to our goal.

I followed.