𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

Empty wrappers were stuffed inside the brown bag, the chips laid on the floor, half eaten. The ice cream was now finished as the two of you were filled to the brim. Baymax tried to lecture you about it, but you assured him that it was fine, and that the both of you were eating healthy.

The night was getting colder. But you were thankful for Baymax who was providing the both of you warmth. The both of you were using Baymax as a pillow as you both eyed the stars up above, occassionally pointing at some constellations that appeared. And you would tell Hiro about the stories behind the constellations.

"...And that's the story behind that constellation," you finished. Hiro chuckled, his helmet was now discarded beside him as his eyes were fixated on the sky.

"You know a lot about constellations," you only shrugged at his comment.

"Not much. Only the basics. They're interesting too, you know? The stories that they hold."

"You're interesting too you know," he uttered beside you. You turned to look at him questioningly, "How so?"

"You're like them up there. They shine, and they have stories to tell," you only shook your head and gently laughed at his sentiment.

Your laughter was then immediately followed by a yawn. You covered your mouth as you did so.

"Well, you better get to sleep," Hiro suggested. Baymax agreed with the idea, "Hiro is right. Judging on your hormonal activity, your stress levels are a bit high. I recommend you sleep, Rhianne." You nodded.

"Of course Baymax," with that, you stood up and took the garbage with you, "I'll be taking these now."

Hiro also rose up and stood beside you. "Here's the blanket," he folded the blanket and handed it to you. You stooped down to pick up the knife before you looked up to him, a small smile present on your face.

"Thank you for tonight. I never really thought I needed that."

"Yeah, of course," you smiled at him and awkwardly stood there.

"So... yeah. I'll get going now," you nodded and smiled at him.

"Okay, take care," he grinned as you retreated back to the door.

"Hey Rhi, wait!" He called out. You were confused and you turned around, only to be met by his lips pressed on your cheek, just centemeters away from your lips.

"Take care," with that, he flew away with Baymax, giving you no time to process what just happened. With mouth hanging agape, eyes wide in shock, your gaze lingered to where he just disappeared to.

Did he just... kissed you?

'What... just happened?'

You stood there, still in shock with his daunting move. Your heart was beating fast inside of you and you used the door frame to support your weight as your knees trembled. Your fingers flew up to the spot where he kissed you, and you could feel your cheeks heating up as you remembered how his soft lips touching your cheek.

Okay, you're thinking that whatever happened, was just nothing more than a friendly kiss! I mean, you know people who kiss their friends too, right? Yes. You convinced yourself about that notion for a couple of minutes, but even so, you couldn't stop your heart that continuously beating inside your heart like a drum. Its rhythms corresponding with the music that is being mellifluously played, and its notes were slowly knocking off the barriers of your heart.

And you could bet that you barely slept a wink that night.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.