𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈

You tried to avoid the wet areas of the road as you made your way down to a certain alley. The city cars honked and passed by you, their headlights creating a blur as you made your way down the street, your shoes making small slushing sounds each time you took a step.

The slight patters of the raindrops in the puddles were quite calming for you, though you hoped to not catch a cold since you have a... few important matters to finish. Pushing the hood down, you continued walking through the busy streets of the city.

You didn't mind getting your bare legs wet due to the rain. You loved the rain, not exactly the weather but the memories it holds. But that doesn't matter right now. Priorities, priorities.

You wore a mustard colored hoodie with the hood on, and you were walking with your eyes fixated on the ground, not wanting to make eye contact with anyone just in case they know you- and if they do, then you're in trouble.

Both hands were stuffed inside your hoodie's pocket. And in your hoodie's pocket, inside was a certain something that you will be using to earn money later.

You turned to your right and stopped as you have reached the location where you intended to go to in the first place.

Eerie, the place was. And it reeked of certain odors that you didn't dare even think of. You made your way towards the end of the alley and there stood a metal door, guarded by two bouncers standing along side it.

The bouncers, upon seeing you, smirked at you and greeted you. You didn't budge with their... formalities.

"Huh, typical. Alright, get in and prepare to crush them!" One said as he opened the door and pushed you inside.

You silently made your way towards the hurdling crowd. They were cheering, jeering, and laughing. Some were frustratedly screaming, but nonetheless, they seemed to be having a... peculiar sort of fun.

You pushed your way in and watched intently as two bots clashed with each other. The lady holding an umbrella only watched with humor as one bot gets flung out of the ring. She was the facilitator of their little match.

One of the competitors let out a victorious laugh. You guessed that he was the one who won. You raised your eyebrows at how he was starting to get too full of himself.

We'll see about that.

The other competitor only watched in disdain as the victorious collected his earnings from the lady with the umbrella, who held a ceramic bowl open for the winner to collect his money.

"Anybody wanna fight me?!" He taunted at the crowd, to which people only cheered at him. Some were dismayed and were booing. But the cheers only grew louder as the man stood up and grinned victoriously, eyeing the crowd.

Without any further ado, you spoke up, but you made sure your face was somewhat concealed from their curious gazes.

"Me! I dare!" You cried, to which everyone was silenced by. They eyed you, some took a double take. Whether or not you were the one who accepted the challenge. They laughed.

But some... some of them knew you. And they were ready to bet their money that you'd win this match.

Yet they let themselves shut up as they watched what you're planning to do next. They were eager to know if you'd lose, or you'd get out alive.

"Alright little girl! Let's see what you got," he laughed, he was clearly belittling you. Albeit shocked that a teenager, seemingly underaged, challenged him to a duel. But he managed to hide it behind a sneer and a grin.