𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐕𝐈

After classes, you headed down to the lab for the sole purpose of chatting with your friends. You didn't really see their faces majority of the day because you had to catch up on the missed subjects.

You sauntered down the quiet hallway of the Ito Ishioka Robotics Lab.

You woke up with a smile on your face, thinking last night was just one massive and peculiar dream that you were 100% sure was going to be forgotten. You were well rested and ready to tackle the day when your smile faltered as soon as you saw the mask laying peacefully on top of your bedside table.

You groaned and rolled your eyes. You didn't really want to talk to them about their superhero endevours because you still want it to sink in, so you can fully digest that you're friends with San Fransokyo's guardians.

The hallways were quiet and it seemed never ending. And you loved the silence. But today, it wasn't one of those days that the silence was one you wished to bask in.

It was eerie.

The uncomfortable type.

You can feel your paranoia slowly rising to the roof, but you bit your lip and continued walking down the hallway. Calmly.

Your footsteps echoed in the middle of the silence. The heels of your shoes echoing in the midst of the eerie silence. Yet despite the strange and uncomfortable aura, you continued to hold your head up until you entered the lift.

You got on the lift. You calmly pressed the buttons. But before the door fully closed, you caught a glimpse of a shadow of a familiar figure. Your eyes widened as the door fully closed. You tried to calm yourself, so you can think rationally but your heart started beating erratically. You prayed that it wasn't the person you were thinking of. With quivering hands, you scavenged your bag for anything to use as a weapon. Anything that can somewhat save you.

You looked up on the elevator screen, any moment now, the door will open and you will become vulnerable. You found something inside your bag that can help you. Your sign pen. You bit your lip, praying that this will suffice, that this will be enough.

You ran your route inside your head multiple times and waited for the door to open. Each passing second was such a suspense that you dare not want to ever happen again.

Your fingers fiddled with the pen, your anxiety through the roof. You tried to calm your breathing as your hands started to feel clammy. You clenched your jaw and tried to think straight.

The doors opened.

Immediately, you made a dash for it.

You can hear someone's footsteps from behind you and you didn't bother looking back. You can feel him grasp your shoulders but you pierced his hand with a pen.

The cold feel that his hand brought, you knew fully well who that person was.

"Leave me alone!" You cried and ran faster. You made a sharp right. You tried to think straight as you ran down the hallway with the person close to your tail. You tried to think coherently, ignoring your unsteady knees that anytime you feel, would give up on you.

You can see your lab almost into view. You bit your lip and you can feel tears starting to hurt your eyes.

He caught a grasp of your hair and you cried. You held your hair and roundhouse kicked that person. He groaned and you took the leverage to continue sprinting.

Hiro, who was oblivious, got out of his lab and closed the door and you were beyond thankful! He saw you running and you immediately threw yourself into his arms, wishing for the sense of comfort that his presence usually brings.