Chapter 35

The smell of fresh brewed tea wafted in the air and the sound of tea cups and spoons making soft clinking sounds added to calming effect of the room. Yet the irony is that one isn't calm, and the other clearly doesn't exude the same aura. Sinister, one may describe their calm companion inside the room.

"I genuinely don't like Rhianne's friends. Such nuisances, don't you think, Aziel?"

The latter didn't say anything and only continued to read the book that he had in his hand, subtly flipping a page to prove a point that hebwasn't interested in anything that he has to say. He wasn't fond of this person to begin with, yet all he could do now was blame his father for their current situation.

A sip of tea.

"Quite a... barrier, that other teenager, don't you think?"

Silence...

Chuckle. "Well, he and Rhianne seemed to be too close."

The young Forbes eyed his watch and stood up. He cleared his throat and eyed the man that was sat on the sofa in front of him, legs menacingly crossed and was sipping his tea as if he wasn't convicted of first degree murder just a few years ago.

"I have to be somewhere else. Appointments."

With that, he sauntered away leaving the man sitting on the couch inside the library, alone. He eyed the massive window and stood up, cup of tea still in hand.

He took out the locket from inside his coat pocket and opened it to see a picture of Rhianne and Genevieve.

"The Princesses. Quite a pity though. The other already fell, will the other also fall from the same consequences?"

~

You sauntered around your apartment, contemplating. It has been officially a couple days since the little chat with Aziel. Nothing much has happened for the past days, just you attending your classes like usual, homework and the classic banters with Hiro.

However, their friend Megan has been frequenting the lab as of recent. Not that you care much, but you're just not fond with her passive-aggressive behavior towards you. Her subtle digs at you for being too careless when you're with Hiro and all that were slowly starting to get underneath your skin.

And you also found out that she was the first person that Hiro brought to their secret hideout that wasn't one of them.

You blew a lock of hair away from your face and scoffed a bit, not that you care.

However, the note that the young Forbes has given you had shook you a bit for the past few days. If it weren't for the breakdown the other day, you would've been crying today.

Thank Hiro that he was there though.

Oh wait 'til Megan knows—

You slapped your face and inwardly groaned. No. Why would she care to begin with—

"Rhi, Darling, sit down. Your pacing is making me dizzy," Elizabeth said, eyes still fixed on her laptop and hands were busy writing on her notepad.

You sighed a bit and sat down. You tried to watch tv but your anxiousness just wouldn't let you focus.

The party that Aziel invited you to was later in the evening, and you and your mother were waiting for a dress that she recently bought for you.

You rolled your eyes once you knew and told her that you could just wear one of the dresses that you already wore. She said no and told you that one of her friends designed one for this specific party just for you. You rolled your eyes as you listened to her tell you that, what's new? That's just the classic Elizabeth.