𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

"Rhianne, promise me you'll stay still and not meddle with this," your mother asked as she was still engulfing you in a hug. Her arms were around your head as she pressed you to her chest. You can feel her motherly instinct taking control, and you felt that by the way she held you. In that silent place, in front of the door of your VIP room.

But you knew yourself too much.

You blamed yourself for Gen being murdered. You blamed yourself that you just sat inside the closet, unmoving with tears streaming down your face. The screams of pain reverberated through the four walls of Gen's bedroom. You quietly sat there, because you promised her that whatever happens, you stay inside.

She made you swear.

And you knew that if you're just going to sit there and do nothing, nothing good will happen. You knew that this was a family problem. But were you even family?

"Ma, am I even family?"

Confused, she let go of you and peered down, your expression was void of any emotion, your eyes fixated on the bamboo plant that was a few meters from where the both of you stood. "Rhi? Of course," she answered.

"But why am I left in the dark?"

Your mother's expression softened, "Rhi—"

"W-Why am I so... oblivious to the secrets that you kept? W-why does Dylan know and n-not me? A-Am I even," you began to sob there, the pain inside that built up for the day was unbearable. It was squeezing your heart painfully.

"Rhianne Liliana, you are family. I didn't want to tell you because I know how sensitive you are. Your mental health matters, Rhi. Me and Dylan know that. And if you aren't family, then why would we be doing this much to protect you?"

"M-Ma, I-I just hate the fact t-that you didn't tell me anything about this, a-and that when I-I heard him say that I'm nothing but a mistake? This made me question myself, Ma. Who am I even? A-A mistake? Was that the reason w-why you didn't tell me all of this?" You tried to utter your words coherently despite your sobs.

"Rhianne, Rhianne, Rhianne," she gently said, her hands reached out to wipe your cheeks, her facial expression was soft, she was saddened by your sentiment.

She leaned in to kiss your forehead, then she made you look at her. Her beautiful eyes gazed down at you fondly, her hands were gently pushing your face to make you look at her, "Rhianne, to them, you are a mistake. But to me, you're such a perfect angel. God gave you to me, all in such a perfect package. Brilliant, smart, witty, sweet, a bit sarcastic," she laughed lightly at that, "but never. Ever. Question your worth. Rhianne, I did that— we did that to protect you, we made you move here so that Hiro and his friends could protect you. You are such a brilliant and amazing child a mother could ask for, Rhianne. Do not ever question yourself like that ever again."

"Everything we hid from you, we concealed it for a reason. A reason that you know now, and to answer your question, who are you?" She gazed down at your beautiful irises, but you couldn't meet her gaze properly as your eyes were slowly being fogged by your tears, "You are Rhianne Liliana, a beautiful, strong, brilliant, and amazing daughter. Me, Dylan, and the people around you are lucky to have you in our lives. I know that, Dy knows that, they know that, and Gen... she knew that."

You were touched and deeply moved, you began sniffing continuously and the tears that pricked your eyes fell down the curvatures of your face, and down the floor. Your mother kissed your forehead and hugged you while you let out all the emotions that overwhelmed you.

"I'm so sorry, love. Really sorry," your mother said as she just stood there, hugging your crying figure. You didn't say anything and just cried there silently.